• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help identify tie rod end application pn 4098

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Trying to identify the tie rod end that is used on a friends bronco. It does not fit. A 67-75 pitman arm, dont know if it fits a 76-77 but it isnt a stock application to my knowledge.
The grease cap is marked 4098, it is reverse threaded and only like 4-5" long. Ill get a pic up shortly. Haven't been able to figure out its original application.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Atta boy, that's it. That got me to the billavista article which the PO probably used to build the steering. Article also gave me the part number for the larger bore tre that works with the bronco pitman arm Part Number: ES375L. Now I can keep my pitman arm. Happy camper here.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
You got it. You're pretty good! This is one of those PO mods that was good in theory but not in follow through. The end he used wasnt right for the Bronco arm and was uber sloppy and played out fun on the road.