• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help me pick a wheel

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
Picking wheels is almost as hard as picking what color to paint it. I am interested in your opinions.

I like slots and Mickey Thompson wheels but want something different. I will be running 35" mud tires and want a 17" wheel.

I like these 3 wheels so far. The first is a real beadlock from Allied Wheels and the most expensive. Then other two are from Pro Comp and are half the price. I like the Allied wheel the most but don’t know if I am asking for problems with so much street driving.

Attachments

• rtdiamond_01.jpg
    rtdiamond_01.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 23
  • procomp7089.jpg
    procomp7089.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 19
  • procomp2010.jpg
    procomp2010.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 15

Heus33

Bronco Guru
With that nice blue paint you really can't go wrong. Maybe someone here can photoshop these wheels on your rig (Skiddy?? ;D ). I like pic #2 myself, just going on looks alone if you're going for a mean/sinister look. If you're going to wheel this sucker and be airing down a lot then I think we'd all agree that true beadlocks will be better, especially with a 17" rim..

Have you considered some 15x10" slots? Your rig has a nice classic feel to it, a modern wheel might not flow as well as some slots or a set of MT classic locks.

EDIT: Actually - looking at your rig again Id vote to stay away from a modern wheel. You've got stock seats, stock bumpers and a silver grill. My vote is a nice classic polished wheel like a slot or classic lock.

Attachments

• done2.jpg
    done2.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 91

PS

Loc.
Sebastopol, CA
I went with Walker Evans Racing wheels, 17" with 315/70/17 BFG AT tires (the metric equivalent of 35s). I think the wheel to sidewall ratio looks just right with this combo.

They weren't the cheapest, but the backspacing is correct and they look fantastic.

The beadlock is no problem at all; I've never had a problem with street driving. I suppose some states with an annual inspection might have a problem with them, but California has no such requirement.

Pictures in my gallery (before I put the new springs on and made it sit level...).

NYLES

Bronco Guru
go look at some centerlines...and get something you HAVE NOT seen on a Bco!

Attachments

• bco111.jpg
    bco111.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 78
  • bco112.jpg
    bco112.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 74

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
EDIT: Actually - looking at your rig again Id vote to stay away from a modern wheel. You've got stock seats, stock bumpers and a silver grill. My vote is a nice classic polished wheel like a slot or classic lock.

Agreed. Flashy, modern wheels would look out of place, in my opinion. I really don't think the quirky, vintage style of a Bronco lends itself to the big wheels you see guys running on their lame Jeeps and Toyotas.

OP
OP
JohnJohn

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
Thanks for the help guys.
Since that pic I have added a gun metal grey family cage with 6 point harnesses, Corbeau seats and plan on adding rocker gaurds and HD bumpers.

I am going to wheel it as soon as I get a few scratches out of my way.

I think I am going to go for the Allied Monster RT beadlocks. I have had my hart set on them for 4 years now.

MattW

Hard to tell what finish that is on Pro Comps from my phone, but if it's the chrome black finish I've seen a few people have problems with that finish flaking off really quick. A fellow member on T4R.org had his last only a month before they looked like they were 6 years old. In Pro Comps defense, they did replace them only to have the same problem then refunded his money completely.

66roadhorse

Loc.
Houston
The pro comps are a flat black finish. I have a set of 17x9 that are new that im not gonna use. If you are interested, pm we and I can make you a deal. They are new in the box with lugs and have never been mounted. BTW mine are the middle ones