• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

HELP -- Need Rocker guards/Rock sliders install to fiberglass body....

luderchris

Bronco Guru
Loc.
SouthEast PA
I have a fiberglass body and want to get a set of rock sliders. I would think I should do more than just bolt them to the fiberglass, but what is the best way to install them?

Anyone with pics?

Last edited:

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
Tubes welded to frame? Bolted on could be a pita. on my malotte tub it's molded as an outer rocker and inner - to bolt it you'd have to cut holes in the inner then patch it in - also likely to get cracks in the glass if you use them. I don't think the rocker area is super thick on the outers - even stepping on it over time will probably stress the glass.

Old-Red

Loc.
Chico, CA
M P's Custom rides. A local business where I live that builds Bronco's and other 4x4's. The second picture has the business info on the Bronco. He does nice work and will be soon installing full width axles, streching the wheelbase and putting coils in the rear of my Bronco.

OP
OP
luderchris

luderchris

Bronco Guru
Loc.
SouthEast PA
Keep the info coming -- this is great. I did not know Nightmare had a fiberglass tub. I just saw the damn truck in person this summer and didn't look at the sliders! I will look through their pics and see if I can tell what they did.

OP
OP
luderchris

luderchris

Bronco Guru
Loc.
SouthEast PA
Well....I have been searching for almost 1/2 hour and can't find any info on the rock sliders on Nightmare, or even rock sliders on the Wild Horses web site. If anyone knows where to find this info please let me know.

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
I've been looking at doing some on my Kentrol tub.
I'm planning on bolting the top. I'm thinking about drilling some access holes through the inner rocker to get the fender washers and nuts to the back side.
I was more concerned about the bottom. I don't like the kind that wraps around the bottom. You would only be able to get some screws in it. The pinch type at laest you could get some 1/4-20 bolts through the steel and fiberglass.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Do a search on Tom's (not of Tom's Bonrco parts but AKA TheBroncoRanch and formerly known as Broncolove) Rocker Rappers and Rocker Wrappers. They consist of two pieces of plate that are formed to the rocker and that sandwhich each other to make a rocker sandwhich. Tom uses them on his fiberglass bodied Bronco. Lots of folks running them, some with tube and some without. He can add tube if you need/want them. He makes them in 1/8" and 1/4" in both mild steel and SS.

Good luck.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru

Attachments

• 09' Second Annual Wrench and Roast 021.jpg
    09' Second Annual Wrench and Roast 021.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 09' Second Annual Wrench and Roast 022.jpg
    09' Second Annual Wrench and Roast 022.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 59

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Mount something from the frame. I have the sandwich style protection and they have worked good but I have come down on them a couple times and now the floor is pushing up. %)