• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help - Need to ID this paint name and/or code...

newguy

Gents -

I have posted a link below with pictures of an EB that has the paint color I want. Unfortunately, the owner does not know the color name or code. I have done multiple searches on this site and the web, with no luck, so I thought I would throw it out to the experts.

I have heard people call it orange sherbert, sunrise/sunset orange and various 'yellows'...but can't find it in any paint code books.

I have about 2 weeks left to find it before going to paint. ?:?

The last 2 pics in the link below, I think, show it best

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21185243@N04/?saved=1

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
- Paul

OP
OP
N

newguy

Thanks for the replies to date.

greatjustino - I pinged 2bad. thx

After doing a little more research (compulsively), I found a link to Ford Bronco factory codes, etc. http://www.broncohio.com/tech/ebvins.html

It looks like the 75/76 EB's come in a Yellow Orange (Y) and the 74's come in a Medium Orange Yellow.

I did searches on these colors and can't find squat. I am surprised I can't find anything on the web about these colors (pics, etc.).

Thanks,
- Paul

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
when ever I try to find a vintage paint color , I just go to my NAPA store and tell them I need the paint catalog for whatever year I am looking for and start looking at paint chips . Ask them if you can look at it outside in the sun light so you can get a more realistic idea of the colors .

howiebilt

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Jon , you're to quick for me today ... I was going to post the same thing

howiebilt

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
sorry i did not see admin's post he is right on the color

OP
OP
N

newguy

Guys -

Thanks for the paint chip site.

I agree it does look like chrome yellow according to the paint chip samples....BUT, I surfed for for Ford Chrome Yellow pictures and the cars that came up looked very different.

What do you guys think about getting a sample can from auto body shop? Not sure if they do that or not...still learning all of this stuff.

Thanks again for the answers....keep throwing colors out if ya think we are still off.

Much appreciated.
- Paul

stlkikn

Another vote for chrome yellow...
here's a shot of the original paint on the p/s door of my 69.

Attachments

• Hurst left.jpg
    Hurst left.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 11

red moon

any time you need to know a paint color, call aroud and find a paint store( I use Auto Body color and supply nashville tn ) that has a camera they can bring out and take a pic of the paint and then load it in to a comp. and it will tell the mix for that paint. most will not charge for this if you buy your paint there

OP
OP
N

newguy

Guys -

Thanks for the continued replies and paint tips.

It is definitely looking like Chrome Yellow, based on your input.

Much appreciated,
- Paul

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
What do you guys think about getting a sample can from auto body shop? Not sure if they do that or not...still learning all of this stuff.

Most auto paint stores can put any color you want into a spray can. Probably cost you $10-$15 for one, but you could paint an old hood or fender from a salvage yard with it and really see what it'll look like.