• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help needed to restore my '77

nsiti

Hi all,

I've owned my '77 Bronco since 1992 and the time has come to refresh it.

The truck needs new paint and new carpeting, as both have faded over time. I'll likely also reupholster the seats at the same time. The body is in pretty good shape but there are a couple of weak spots that need addressing, and some new metal is likely to be needed for a proper job.

I have been on a mechanical maintenance plan over the years and the stock automatic 302, and components, are reliable. However, I recently read a post on here about stroked engines and I'm afraid I caught the bug! I'm thinking of installing a new 347 or 363 Dart SHP based long block plus associated components.

I'm currently in the process of installing new tires/wheels.

I have been following this forum for years and appreciate the wealth of knowledge you all possess.

There are a couple of catches to the above, which is why I am seeking your help. First, the Bronco is overseas (in Greece) where I spend some time each summer, and I am based in NY. Second, I've never done a car restoration. While there are good mechanics, body shops and upholsterers in Greece, I haven't found one that can coordinate all the work that needs to be done, so I would have to oversee the project myself and ship over any spare parts, accessories or sheet metal that may be needed, and I want to do it right the first time.

So, I'm posting to see if anyone can recommend an experienced person that could consult with me, remotely, on this project, for a fair price. I want to do the planning and budgeting over the next few months, start the work in September and complete by early summer 2019.

Your help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Nick

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
WELCOME !!!

So you say your 77 in Greece .... any pic of it next to any Greek monument would make the bronco calendar ! just Übercool !

spend the $12.- to be a contributor.
doing so you can post pix of your Rig for all of us to see what your talking about and so we can help you better !

OP
OP
N

nsiti

WELCOME !!!

So you say your 77 in Greece .... any pic of it next to any Greek monument would make the bronco calendar ! just Übercool !

spend the $12.- to be a contributor.
doing so you can post pix of your Rig for all of us to see what your talking about and so we can help you better !

Hi, and thanks for the kind words. I went ahead and became a contributor (it wasn't obvious how, but google saved the day).

Believe it or not, I don't have many pictures of my Bronco. I guess I'm too busy driving and enjoying it, but there is one lone pic in my Garage. I'll be sure to post a bunch more this summer, and go out of my way to get you a shot in front of the Acropolis or some other monument for your calendar. :)

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
That is a nice looking Bronco you have. I believe there is a Cyclops over there that can keep an "eye" on it for you. Ken

Attachments

• cyclops.jpg
    cyclops.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 12

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Just keep in mind any upgrade you do will effect something down stream. Lots of power up front you need to make sure everything behind it can handle it. One thing will lead to many more upgrades...

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just keep in mind any upgrade you do will effect something down stream. Lots of power up front you need to make sure everything behind it can handle it. One thing will lead to many more upgrades...

Ain't that the truth %)

OP
OP
N

nsiti

Thank you, I completely agree, this is why I would really like to find someone experienced to advise me on a plan of action. I would be most grateful to receive one or more recommendations. Feel free to post here or PM me.