• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help! New light switch install

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
Guys, I'm installing my Centech light switch and have a problem. When I insert the knob/rod into the new switch it does not mechanically lock into the assembly. In other words, when you pull on the knob it comes back out of the switch. I tried pressing the button and inserting the knob. Help :(

JTCamp

Loc.
Austin, Texas
All I can say is you have to play with it. I had the same problem with my centech setup. Sorry no details, just patience.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I agree, I had to play with the switch on mine to get it in. Patience.<br><br>snake

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
I had to hold the light swtch from behind and twist the knob back and forth to force it to set.

OP
OP
raleigh_bronco

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the responses guys.<br><br>Question; Do you slide the knob all the way into the switch until it stops and then twist it around to set it or what? Do you apply a lot of force? Help me out here, this is driving me crazy. ;D

OP
OP
raleigh_bronco

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
[quote author=raleigh_bronco link=board=5;threadid=11882;start=0#87645 date=1038849014]<br>Thanks for the responses guys.<br><br>Question; Do you slide the knob all the way into the switch until it stops and then twist it around to set it or what? Do you apply a lot of force? Help me out here, this is driving me crazy. ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Little more help here...

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Hmmmm, this may not help. But when I last insalled one, it was an Auto Zone switch and the post just slid into the switch and locked with very little force to almost none. If I remember right, the post had four sides or was square and so was the switch receiver part, so it all lined up without setting anything.<br><br>Maybe try taking the switch out and fitting the knob arm into it without the dash in the way first, just to see how it fits and sets. Then you should be able to release it with the button on the switch and repeat the process untill you are an expert.<br><br>One more thing. I had to shim my switch back away from the dash with a nut between the switch and dash to get the right fit for the arm lenght.<br><br>Good Luck !

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Mine slid all the way in until it locked, for some reason, it didn't want to lock forever and I was just screwing around with it and it locked.<br><br>snake