• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help wanted - exhaust flow

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
You will notice a noticeable difference with long (or short) tube headers and good free flowing muffler(s) to allow it to breathe. We put so many headers on SBF and SBC's back in the day and it was always a noticeable difference and the Ford exh manifolds are quite restrictive.

Sure...bopping around town you are ok. Romping on it more than once in a while go with some headers. You spent the money on good heads to help it out why restrict it now?

Paul is right. The lift on that cam is very minimal. Additional lift is free hp. Doesn't affect driveabilty at all like too much duration does with idle issues, no vacuum, etc. All it does is give you more air and fuel when needed. I have over .600" of lift. Free air. Your heads, springs, rockers, etc must ALL be designed to handle (not bind) that much lift but it's free... :)

Loved the 289's in my Bronco... much more than the 302's I've run in it.

OP
OP
J

johnbeck

Considering my engine build listed above, what headers would you install? Reasonable access for installing header bolts, access to starter-etc., compactness for working around - desirable qualities but not have to have. Once again, I'm truly appreciative of you sharing your experience and knowledge with me - thank you!