• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help with interior rear qtr. panels

Show Links

Loc.
Bakersfield
Purchased vinyl/cardboard backed rear quarter panels from Bronco Hut. Can't figure out how to bend vinyl/cardboard panel 90 degrees to cover the cap bolts. There are two lines embossed on the back of the panel that may be where the cardboard gets trimmed away so panel can bend. If so, how much is trimmed away. If I trim the space between the two embossed lines, that's about 3/4 inch wide strip.

Has anyone had experience installing rear panel and knows how to bend flap over cap bolts?

Thanks

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not sure, but interested to hear what the answer is. So back to the top (for awhile)!

Paul

tmacstickman

It's been a few years, but I dont believe any trimming is involved. The panels are attached to the bed rail with plastic clips, which are attached to the bracket and the cap bolts, and then simply fold down over the wheel hubs.

I hope this covers it for you

C Saporito

I used a vice grip with real wide flat jaws, wrapped with tape. Just work your way across the panel a couple times bending it a little more each time.

OP
OP
Show Links

Show Links

Loc.
Bakersfield
I spoke with Bronco Hut and they suggested to simply work the bend by slowly bending to the desired height until the material folds. I'll give it a go and report back. Thanks for all the suggestions.