• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help with New Door Post Install

TheCopperCowboy

Loc.
Bennett, Colorado
Howdy all! Hopefully someone here can set me straight on this one. I'm in the process of replacing rusty panels and both door post on my '71 Bronco Sport. When I bought the truck, both door post were shot. Hell, the drivers door almost hit the ground when I opened it. I'm starting on the passenger side. I cut out & replaced the inner fender panel, kick panel, & door post. I've test fitted the fender and I'm dead on. I've been measuring what's left on the drivers side and I'm within an 1/8". The passenger side door post is set into place and secured, (bolts & tek screws), and the door is bolted on. It hit low on the strike panel side and door adjustment is limited. (Ain't going where I would like it to). What I need is some hard, actual measurments. Both post were eaten with rust and I'm afraid the door threw off the only post I'm doing take offs on. Any help out there? Thanks.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I sent you a email. I took some measurements off of a unrusted, never wrecked tub. I hope there is something there that you can use.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
See how you are, as compared with the measurements that 2Bad sent you. Check to see if your cowl/dash area has dropped over time. I tacked my door posts in to test fit and the door was still hitting the striker. It was because my cowl and dash area had sagged over the years because with no support because of rusty front posts. I pulled it up and back a bit to where it was supposed to be, took the measurements that 2Bad had as well as some of my own '77 original and it works very nice. If you need extra measuremnets, let me know.

Good Luck,

Blue71