• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help with Spark Issue

PHISHOWN

OK here is the rundown: I'm getting 6.9 volts at the pos on coil with key in run position and around 9.5 while cranking. I notice my volts at the S terminal on solenoid are only reading 12.... The I terminal is reading 9.5 volts I can get my coil to spark only one time when I turn the key from start back to run. I have replaced pickup in distributor, coil, coil wire, ignition, ignition module, regulator....All specs are right with OHM's on distributor. Could the solenoid allowing only the 9.5 volts to the coil cause this? I initially replaced the regulator and ignition module 5 days before this starting happening only because the ignition module was melting away and the voltage regulator looked rough. I did go back and get a second ignition module to make sure. I did not get a second regulator. I have check continuity on all wires in engine bay that has to do with ignition with no resistance. I have read every trouble shooting post and on here and online over and over and performed every series of checks. I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

Thanks
Mark

Last edited: