• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Henrod Torch kit ***ORDER NOW***

DoughBoy

Loc.
Hemet, CA
OK GUYS... GOOD NEWS! We are in.. I got the deal pushed through with 6 buyers and its on right now. Here's what you need to do:

Call (866)-775-9499 and ask for Miss Roy
Tell her you are calling to place your order for the Classic Broncos Special Buy and she will process your order and ship your torch kit the next day. Thats it. She will honor any deals for the next week, so long as you specify you are calling with the name Classic Broncos, so anyone on the fence on this one can get in on it over the next week.

you can pay them directly with a major credit card for convenience, and they will ship the item directly to you for a flat $15 UPS charge TO THE LOWER 48. They will process your card ( or setup a money order payment ) for $265 ( $250 for the torch kit and $15 shipping to the lower 48 ) and ship the kit to you immediately. This way everyone gets thier kit 3-7 days faster than me handling re-shipping the items once they arrive. Deadline is 1 WEEK.

Confirmed in on the Mass Buy so far:
Doughboy **PAID**
g-money **PAID**
ken75ranger **PAID**
TruckTrader (PBB) **PAID**
michael084
BroncoLee **PAID**

66biker had to back out due to repair bills on the wifes car...

If anyone isnt familiar with this outstanding setup, chek them out at http://www.henrod.com/index.htm This setup will allow welding of anything from sheet metal to thick plate on steel, aluminum, stainless and cast materials, and cutting as clean as Plasma on steel from sheet metal to 1" thick plate using your existing oxy-acetylene setup at 4psi. There are demo videos on the site, but are very small, so you can get an idea of how this setup works. The deluxe kit normally runs $359 and includes the instructional video. It is currently on sale for $335. If we buy 8 of them, they give us dealer pricing as long as they can ship them to one address.... Dealer pricing is $250. I'm buying one, if 7 more commit I can get everything to me and ship them out to everyone for the cost of UPS insured ground rate unless you want something faster. If you are going to commit, be ready to send the money via Paypal or Money order by the end of the month. I already asked about them shipping it to each individual person, if they do that the price bumps back up to $335... the dealer deal is the hot ticket if anyones interested. Let me know. Oh yeah, and my new Plasma Cutter is up for sale, my buddy has a henrod and I'm sold on its performance enough to get rid of my Hypertherm 380!
As the site says:
The Henrob 2000 Torch cuts steel like plasma - welds like TIG. Welds most difficult metals including aluminum, stainless steel, chromemoly, cast iron, sheet metal and more... Up to 50% - 70% gas savings - Made in the USA since 1982 and comes with a lifetime warranty!!!
flame.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
DoughBoy

DoughBoy

Loc.
Hemet, CA
large-henrob-torch.jpg

Lifetime warranty
One pistol grip torch with a factory fitted case
Five torch tips (4 welding - 1 cutting)
Two cutters (sheet & plate)
Heat shield for safety
Check valves for safety
Long cut roller guides
Wrench and tip cleaners
Air - Acetylene Tip
J&S Instructional VHS Video (with bonus kit)
Factory Manual
J&S Technique Supplement
image_thick_steel_24.jpg

Last edited:

g-money

Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I'm in for $250 + shipping as well.

Can you get me a reciept by any chance, so I can write it off?

Let me know when & where to send the $$$.

I'll be using a MO.

Galen

OP
OP
DoughBoy

DoughBoy

Loc.
Hemet, CA
Yes I can provide receipts... so we have 3 confirmed... 5 more. This is WAYYYY cheaper and more versatile than a plasma for cutting steel, and welding thin metals and non-steel is a huge plus.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Hey thats pretty sweet. I need a couple of days to see...maybe. Good luck if you get there before I can commit. It will stay on my radar. Thanks for the info, definitely.

dan76eb

Loc.
CA
I bought one a few years ago after seeing it demo'd at a local show. Wanted it mainly for the cutting capability since I didn't like the big oxy/acet one I had. Wasn't worth the $350 bucks though, although I cut a bunch of 1/4" plate up with it and it did the job at the time. Remember that the guy demoing it at the show is a real pro with it. There are really mixed opinions on it on some welding and aircraft boards. Seems for the welding side that victor, smith and meco midget are more popular and easier to handle/manipulate. If you use the regular size hoses on them the hoses really drag it down weight wise. Being a short torch it makes my hand get really hot if I do any long cutting. Also the auxilary heat shield just seems to get in the way. The standoff wheels work ok as long as you don't mind wasting steel since they need a place to ride that is at least 1" (may be 1-1/2" I don't remenber) from the actual cut on each side.

If I had it to do over again I'd save my money toward a plasma cutter (thats what I have now and love it). If what you want to do is gas weld then there are better units for the money out there.

OP
OP
DoughBoy

DoughBoy

Loc.
Hemet, CA
once we get the 8 committed, everyone else will have a last shot during the funds gathering stage... probably a 3-4 day window.

OP
OP
DoughBoy

DoughBoy

Loc.
Hemet, CA
Got another buyer... Vince Martin (TruckTrader) from the PBB is in... only 3 more buyers needed!

BTW in response of a previous post, there might very well be better gas welding alternatives, and a plasma might be a great cutting instrument, but for as much as most people gas weld these days when mig's are so cheap, this unit will be more than adequate, and a plasma cutter has inherent drawbacks:

1. They're expensive
2. They rely on electronics that are extremely expensive to replace if and when they fail
3. They're expensive
4. They go through a lot of consumables, which are expensive, which this torch eliminates
5. Did I mention plasma cutters are expensive?

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I may be in also. What will shipping be to Honolulu, Hawaii 96819?
I'm always interested in better tools!

weps

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Switzerland
i may be in. am still evaluating.

in the meantime, could you throw some on ebay at 299.00? you'd probably sell a few and could put the profits toward lowering the group buy cost.

OP
OP
DoughBoy

DoughBoy

Loc.
Hemet, CA
weps said:
i may be in. am still evaluating.

in the meantime, could you throw some on ebay at 299.00? you'd probably sell a few and could put the profits toward lowering the group buy cost.

8 or more is the same price, whether its 8 or 20, its still $250 so it wouldnt lower the group cost as long as we get the 8. As for putting some on e-bay, sure, you buy a few at $250 and I'll put them on e-bay for you. :p