• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Herculiner Opinions/Experience?

70 EB Chicago

Loc.
Chicago
I am thinking about going for the do-it-yourself Herculiner bed liner rather than Line-X for my entire tub. After reading Jeff's article I thought maybe it would be a cheaper solution.

http://classicbroncos.com/herculiner.shtml

Anyone have luck with this stuff? Am I making a mistake by not having a professional spray job done?

samjaxfl

Loc.
Neptune Beach
I did it and would never do it again. I am currently considering wire wheeling the whole thing out. Thick and nasty stuff. Save and spend the money for a hot spray, you will be so much happier after the money issue is done.

green77bronco

Loc.
SAn Antonio,TX
I have seen a couple of Broncos and jeeps with Herculiner and thought they looked good for the money. I was thinking about doing the Herculiner or Durabank.

Rick

Baja71

Bronco Guru
I had my last pickup Line-X'd and it was a thing of beauty.

Attachments

• nissan1 003.jpg
    nissan1 003.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 26

D ROCK

My brother-in-law sprayed durabak on the inside of his jeep and it looks awesome. He said that the prep work is the key, Acetone and sanding. Your finished product only looks as good as your prep work allows. He sprayed it with an underbody spray gun. It took about a good week to dry with our NC humidity. But now it looks awesome. I was going to Rhino or Line-x, but here it is ($750 and $850). Durabak is only about $100-$150 for a gallon and a quart and that is enough to do a great job and still have plenty for touch-ups. It can also be rolled on but sprayed looks alot better! :cool:

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
The biggest difference between rolling and spraying is the finished surface. I chose to roll mine for the rougher surface that I would be less prone to slip on when it is covered in mud and water.

brixter

Loc.
Tuolumne CA
I Herculined my entire tub inside about 6 years ago , It is starting to peel up on the floor pans a little bit . When I did mine the floor pans were new and I should have scuffed the surface a bit more than I did cause even the primer is pulling up with it so I think its my fault . The rest of it is holding up great and I have never had carpet or mats in it .

If your going to put carpet over it would be perfect for sealing out water . The prep is the key though . I plan on doing the floorpans over soon , but I will do it right this time .

Projp

I Herculined the tub 5 or 6 years ago and it has been great. It hasn't peeled any more than the Rhino line in my pickup bed. I made sheetmetal panels for my doors and double walls for the bedsides then Herculined them. The door panels give it a unique look. When I had to cut a new hole for the Atlas it was simple to touch up the new cover plate. ( After 6 years the leftover quart from the original application was still good enough to use.)