• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Here's one for the daily drivers! Suspension

Ches7911

Loc.
OKlahoma
This is completely for future reference. I have a long way to go before I can start swapping out my suspension setup. But, I am going to make my 75 bronco a daily driver and I want a sweet suspension that gives me the smoothest ride.

I am going to run 33 in tires but I don't think I will have real aggressive tread.

Any of you who have a daily driver and have recommendations so I can start putting my list together would be awesome.

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Call all of the Bronco venders and tell them what you are looking to do. My thought would be a 2.5" soft ride suspension cut and flared to clear the 33s. Add sway bars front and rear. That should give you a sweet street ride with the ability to do some mild offroading.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Just about any of the venders kits at least the ones with 9 or more leafs. I would also suggest 2.5in max. keep the CCG low for the street.
My first lift was a Skyjacker Soft ride. It rode really nice maybe a little stiff on the front but better than stock the rear was real nice. Now I run BC 12 leaf rears with the Skyjacker fronts rear seems a little rougher than the skyjacker but still better than worn out stockers. One of these days I'll try a new set of front springs but really only to get more flex as the ride is fine for me.

Broncoward

Loc.
Rolesville
I ran 3.5 WH lift on my last Bronco and it rode really nice...Now I have the 2.5WH lift and its not as smooth as the WH 3.5 was...I'm still wondering why exactly...My 2 cents

Old Bronco on the Left WH 3.5...Current Bronco on the right WH 2.5

Attachments

• DS VIEW1975.JPG
    DS VIEW1975.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 62
  • PC200027.JPG
    PC200027.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 78

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I ran my rig with stock suspension, but added 6" extended radius arms, and the ride and handling were awesome. For a daily driver/mild wheeler that made an excellent combo. BTW the longer radius arms did wonders for the ride and handling for my setup... Longer than 6 and I think it would have had ill effects.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I've found the leaf spring pack with 11 leafs give a lot softer ride. They however don't carry weight and pull a trailer as well as the standard type. Mine seem to wallow a bit with a little weight. I added a set of air shocks for those occasions. Other than that I believe tire probably provide the biggest part of the suspention. Over inflation will kill your ride as well as the tire life.

Terkish

I really enjoyed my last EB on road manners and ride with the Duff 3.5 kit.
Felt smooth and sporty for daily driving and and could handle any off road i got myself into. lol
My current set up is something the po put together and its a horrible ride and feels tippy and its only a 2 in lift.
I hope to swap it out soon. I will probably go with the duff set up again.

broncbuster

the BC 9 leaf carry weight pretty well and ride well. The BC coils are soft enough to give a comfy ride, but firm enough to not give a lot of body roll.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My street bronco has the Duff's 3.5 long travel suspension (used to wheel it), 33" BFG all terrains and it rides very nice. Its about as comfortable as my 08' F-150.

RnrdTheFox

Loc.
Superior, CO
I use the Duff 3.5" system with long arms. 2 shocks at each corner. Rides great on the road. I drive it about 10K miles a year - mostly on the road.

off road on the rough dirt roads, etc... it's rough. At some point, I will invest in some really good shocks and go to singles at the corners.

OP
OP
Ches7911

Ches7911

Loc.
OKlahoma
All excellent responses. Looks like I have enough info to get me pointed in the right direction. Thanks.