• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Such a huge, diverse group here still...what else do you have that runs?

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Just a couple years ago. I gave up my live steam railroading hobby, to finance my Bronco restore.

Attachments

• Chippewa 011 (2).jpg
    Chippewa 011 (2).jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 44
  • PXL_20210307_223553845.jpg
    PXL_20210307_223553845.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 39

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Many are all ready familiar with my other “passion” 😂 this is my slightly modified 1970 Jeep J2500 Gladiator. It is my daily driver, car camping rig, and just all around fun machine that get more talkers and admirers in public than my bronco, that always surprises me…

Post, up this should be an interesting thread😎
Hey I recognize that spot!
i-SwGNfBC-L.jpg

Cool! There is a group of us here (@lars and @ntsqd being the ringleaders) that have done NV trips for years. I've only done 2-3 myself - they've done a lot more.

Todd Z.
We have done some sort of run almost every year since 2008. Though not all of them have been in NV.
I am currently working on, and nearly have complete, a route running from Big Bear, CA to Reno with I'll guess less than 50 miles of pavement. Ultimate goal is to reach the Oregon Border. We need to put together a group and go find out what I've screwed up!

I'm gonna bend the running rule and post this:
i-CfZgTSL-M.jpg

Then there's these in addition the CTD/pop-top above-
Wagon:
i-M79vhZk-L.jpg

Snowball:
i-5z2vNwr-L.jpg

Snowball in NV on my way to the meet-up:
i-qX5DRSc-M.jpg

4rnnr in NV:
i-XScjqCR-L.jpg

Grandad's '73:
i-sx2FJtm-L.jpg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have the sickness.
Yes, you do!
But boy, did that take me into the wayback machine! Throwback Tuesday and everything.
Did they still refer to them as the "Mach III" for your year? Is that a '74 or '75 maybe?

Neighbor had a '69 (the White & Blue one) that must have spent more time on it's rear wheel only, than on two wheels. We called him the "wheelie king" around here. Those things were so wicked fast it was kind of hard to believe at the time. Maybe they still are, in their own way, wicked fast. Even compared to modern stuff. New is probably more tractable. But not as much fun to watch!

A little later, my first ever big-bike experience was on a borrowed 750-triple. Yikes!
Up to that point I'd been spending time on 90's and 125's. So hopping on to a pipey 750 was a real eye-opener, to say the least. Felt like every time the revs got to about 3000 it wanted to lift the front wheel off. You'd feel the forks extend and the thing would just accelerate hard even though you had not twisted the throttle any further.
Needless to say it was a short ride, because I could see I needed more practice on milder big bikes.
But it sure was an eye-opener for those ten minutes!

Even after all these years, I can hear the sound of those three pipes. And yours has chambers! Must sound amazing (at least to older ears).
Thanks for the memory jog.

Paul

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Never knew I needed one.

Attachments

• IMG_5889.JPG
    IMG_5889.JPG
    313.6 KB · Views: 41

Soylent

Contributor
Loc.
California
Less the plastic. Bloody decks!
I remember as a teenager watching Mark Sosin on Saltwater Journal casting crabs in the shallows for permit. I told myself I would someday live in Florida and have a center console. Never happened lol.