• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

hey guys, how high is insurance for Bronco?

ronny400

If you live in US or Canada and want really cheap car insurance, go to http://beam.to/cheap-insurance and click on the second banner from the top. They give free instant quote and it is very cheap. My insurance on my Bronco was around $500 per 6 months and their quote was $320. It takes 2 minutes to calculate quote. First banner from the top is also insurance company that gives instant quotes but their quotes are higher.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mine is about $220.00/ year per Bronco for a year. I only have liability on them.

Blue71

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
Voyager marine classic auto insurance. $10,000 coverage (I set the amount), fire, vandilism, theft, accident, etc. (real full coverage as long as it's not your daily driver) $119 per YEAR! Yes per year not 6 mo.
They just wanted pics of the rig. They won't cover you if you bash it off a rock on some trail etc. Just have to tell them it got damaged some other way. Damn kids and their skateboards.

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
Sac '68 sport said:
Voyager marine classic auto insurance. $10,000 coverage (I set the amount), fire, vandilism, theft, accident, etc. (real full coverage as long as it's not your daily driver) $119 per YEAR! Yes per year not 6 mo.
They just wanted pics of the rig. They won't cover you if you bash it off a rock on some trail etc. Just have to tell them it got damaged some other way. Damn kids and their skateboards.

Sounds like a great deal! Maybe I can use some trick photgraphy and then blame some things on those damn kids! ;)

71 BRNCO

I have hagerty full coverage insurance on my bronco with an agreed value of $20,000 for $229.00 per year. This is classic auto insurance so it can't be a DD

kyle

70_Steve

Old Guy
71 BRNCO said:
I have hagerty full coverage insurance on my bronco with an agreed value of $20,000 for $229.00 per year. This is classic auto insurance so it can't be a DD

kyle
Interesting, I just went to their web site and got a quote. In Phoenix, that $20,000 would cost me $340! Also, in their What We Do Not Insure list was "Vehicles customized for "off-road" usage" :eek:

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just contacted Hagerty on the phone. Very nice people! I got a quote on my '77 all original for $119.00 full coverage on 10K worth of coverage. Includes 3 times a year roll-back towing. Sounded pretty good to me. They won't usually insure if there are oversized tires, roll bars, non-stock bumpers, lift kits, etc... And again, it can't be your daily driver. You have to show proof of insurance for another vehicle.

Blue71

71 BRNCO

Well I just mailed the check for the $229 last week so I will let you know when it goes through. I had to mail pictures also. I am only paying $400 now with no mileage restrictions.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey 71 BRNCO,

Hagerty didn't insure your modified Bronco did they?

Let us know,

Blue71

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
I just talked to my State Farm agent and got it for $49 every six months. Mine is not a DD so they will say that it will limit mileage, but insured for declared value.

FIGO

Loc.
St. louis Mo.
Hagerty has mine for 46.00 a year, I already had another one with them at
146.00. Bronco value stated at $5,000.00

Attachments

• deez.jpg
    deez.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 34

68beast

Loc.
Covina, Kalifornia
Man I knew i was gettin screwed , but not that bad. I pay 800 for 6 months with state farm. The main problem is that im 17 and the car is in my name, time to start shopping.

71 BRNCO

Hey All,
I will let you all know when I find out if it got approved. Again remember these rates everyone are talking about is classic auto insurance with mileage limitations. Now I am only 23 years old but I am linked with my fathers account so that helps quite a bit. But once you are over I think 25 with a good record that will help. The quote for me to have the insurance in my name only was just under $400 a year so still not that bad and you also have an agreed upon value that you set. 20k for me makes me happy!

kyle

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
The key to the classic car insurance is not your age (although it will jack it up some until you hit about 25), but how you use, or say you use, the truck. A DD is much more likely to get into an accident than one that is parked in the garage 95% of the time and only driven to "events" ie. car shows. I was paying a lot more when mine was a DD too. Not $1600 a year though. Ouch. I bought my DD caddy for that much.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
This is a bad place to make comparisons on insurance costs. They are calculated based on driving record, drivers age, and location. I.E. $50 per month may be a good rate in a big city and a very bad rate in a small town.

Kidney

I pay $90 a month thru State Farm. I also have one speeding ticket from a few years ago that has yet to go away. The thing that keeps me from leaving State Farm is my motorcycle which is about $90 a month for full coverage. I might pay a bit more for inurance on the Bronco but I save a ton of money b/c alot of companys want well over 2k a year for my "sport" bike.

BlackMamba

Loc.
Huffman TX
I pay $212 a year $10,000 agreed value. limited to 5,000 miles a year. I also have a 6 point roll cage and 33x12.50 mud terrain tires. stock bumpers though
11525Dart_Night-33-thumb.jpg

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
I went to Hagerty, they took my check for 209 a year for 25K....I told them it was only driving to shows and parades, and sometimes I take it out to lunch...They returned my check cause they won't insure modified/lifted trucks...They asked if I planned on racing it, and I said NO, but they still turned me down...

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 11