• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hi Guys 1st post found a bronco

OP
OP
B

bdog9seclx

pics

here are some of the pics still have more. sory they uploaded all different directions ugh. also the firewall it isnt rust its where the heat from motor made the pain bubble. will post the rest

Attachments

• photo 1(1).jpg
    photo 1(1).jpg
    68 KB · Views: 99
  • photo 1(2).jpg
    photo 1(2).jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 96
  • photo 1(3).jpg
    photo 1(3).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 96
  • photo 1(6).jpg
    photo 1(6).jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 98
  • photo 1(5).jpg
    photo 1(5).jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 95
  • photo 1(4).jpg
    photo 1(4).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 90
  • photo 1(7).jpg
    photo 1(7).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 95
  • photo 2(3).jpg
    photo 2(3).jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 76
  • photo 2(2).jpg
    photo 2(2).jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 77
  • photo 2(1).jpg
    photo 2(1).jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 84
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 97
  • photo 2(4).jpg
    photo 2(4).jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 71
OP
OP
B

bdog9seclx

more pics

again let me know of any questions or spot areas ned better pics of

Attachments

• photo 3(4).jpg
    photo 3(4).jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 35
  • photo 3(3).jpg
    photo 3(3).jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 39
  • photo 3(2).jpg
    photo 3(2).jpg
    71 KB · Views: 39
  • photo 3(1).jpg
    photo 3(1).jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 39
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 50
  • photo 2(7).jpg
    photo 2(7).jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 42
  • photo 2(6).jpg
    photo 2(6).jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 44
  • photo 2(5).jpg
    photo 2(5).jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 41
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 37
  • photo 3(7).jpg
    photo 3(7).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 33
  • photo 3(6).jpg
    photo 3(6).jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 34
  • photo 3(5).jpg
    photo 3(5).jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
B

bdog9seclx

even more

geez dont know why thy are all out of direction i even checked before uploaded. my apologies for any necks hurting

Attachments

• photo 5(1).jpg
    photo 5(1).jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 39
  • photo 4(7).jpg
    photo 4(7).jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 33
  • photo 4(6).jpg
    photo 4(6).jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 29
  • photo 4(5).jpg
    photo 4(5).jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 28
  • photo 4(4).jpg
    photo 4(4).jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 28
  • photo 4(3).jpg
    photo 4(3).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 29
  • photo 4(2).jpg
    photo 4(2).jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 30
  • photo 4(1).jpg
    photo 4(1).jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 28
  • photo 5(2).jpg
    photo 5(2).jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 32
  • photo 5(3).jpg
    photo 5(3).jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 32
  • photo 5(4).jpg
    photo 5(4).jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 32
  • photo 5(5).jpg
    photo 5(5).jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 28

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The bronco looks pretty clean from what I can see. Certainly is hard to enjoy though, with the pics all rotated. No biggie though, I was just sayin'

OP
OP
B

bdog9seclx

rotate them

I think im going to try and fix them all. so dont bust out the neck braces yet lol

OP
OP
B

bdog9seclx

as far as the running gear sits pretty well i think valve guide seal or rings are for sure letting blow by...by. But its only at strt up and if you rev it and let it sit a second then rev again. makes me think valve guide seals. and think rear main seal is bad from small drip. but all these are expected with a 93k mile truck that has sat the majority of the past 10 years or so. They said they cranked it up every couple months or so. but you cant beleive everyone when it comes to that. But I think the truck looks solid with just very minor rust spots in the areas you guys mention they should be. I will let everyone review these pictures and info I have given before I make the purchase. I kind of like the old paint the way it look just dont know what to do with the rust areas to stop them from getting worse. I heard there is a spray that turns rust back into metal in problem areas but not sure what its called. I was thinking of this as a flip but IM a mustang guy and always wanted a old truck and a 4 x 4 so thinking this is best of both worlds. Plus I have tons of ford parts and EFI and non efi motors and gear sitting. like a 306 cobra EFI mtor with t-5 and then a 351 cleveland with 4v heads. I guess ill wait until i cros tht river before I start brain storming. Ill say that 4 wheel drum is a diff world lol . When i got bck in my car i was hitting the brakes way to hard haha.

Anyways guys take a look at the pictures and data and let me know your thoughts since you guy are the experts and im a newbie to broncos. Thanks again everyone!

BNC04

Loc.
Longmont
I may have missed it, but,,,What are your goals with a Bronco? Daily driver, Mild Offroad, Heavy off-road?Will family be with you? Etc. It's sounds like you have mechanic skills. How about body work?

I tend to look at any bronco in - how much will it cost me to get it the way I want it from where it is now- Add that cost of parts, and your time to the the base of what your looking at and go from there.

If you want a mild-hard core wheeler, this may not be a great buy, If you want a daily driver, It is a pretty darn good deal it would seem, etc.

From what I can tell from the pics I think that on the side of a pretty good deal if your looking for a daily driver with some comfort/safety upgrades like disk brakes power etc.

Good luck with your decision
Brett

OP
OP
B

bdog9seclx

no body work skills but mechanical skills yes. Id love to learn body work and painting skills. actually looked at the community college today to see if they had any classes lol. It will be a weekend driver with options for mild off road with family. Have a baby. but the smog or gassy smell it has kind of worries me. not sure if that is a exhaust leak related issue or what. But id like to keep it as original as i can in case I ever need to sell it or unload it. Id like to treat it as an investment but thats a fine line with these and all cars. For example i have the 302 efi stang motor i could put in it and if i ever come to sell it could swap back the original motor. Or use the 302 efi while rebuilding the original etc etc thanks for the help as I continue to think this one through anymore advice or requests for pictures in other problem spots. so were the celebration prices high or low?

Last edited:

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
From what I can tell, it looks great for the price. Of course, in person inspection is better than pics, but it looks like an excellent Bronco for $10.5k.

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
Agree, this truck looks pretty straight by the pictures anyway. Some surface rust, and dirt, easy to take care of. Straighten up the wiring, stick a roll bar in it, a couple of fire extinguishers, make sure the brakes work, put in 3 pt seat belts, maybe tie the roll bar to the frame, you're good to go.

I really wouldn't worry to much about value in a "stock" truck. Suppose the only value is in the fact you don't pump in a lot of money you won't see later, which is more of a time element than parts cost element. I've posted before, one of the things I like best about a Bronco is the fact you can alter one without effecting value per se. The best example of this I can give was a '63 Vette restoration I did, where everything had to be exactly to factory (including factory defects) spec's or value really suffered.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Looks good to me. I'd give 10.5, it's orange!:cool: That's what i gave for mine in the same condition. You can check it out in my Garage.

Welcome to the site and yes this is the best Bronco site on the web.

OP
OP
B

bdog9seclx

gret guys thanks for all the input. Yea i like the orange as well. Orange Crush lol.

BluBronc
I have a 63 split window tube chassis car. its only the tube chassis and fiberglass body at this point. I got a great deal on it as it was a kit for an IHRA pro Mod mooney car. Do you have experience on finding like doors etc on it? Its a fake vette of coure. But id like to make it a street rod/strip one day. message me if you have any contacts or idea on where to find doors and nick nack stuff like that. Im a mustang guy so that is greek to me.

OP
OP
B

bdog9seclx

btw guys. Are the 4 wheel drum suppose to feel like your doing leg presses? during test drive..im not sure if it was bc i wasnt use to them or maybe they need to be replaced up front. But there was no steering roaming like ive read. It drives straight at 55 mph.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
yeah without power brakes it will be like that. i offroad mine without power brakes and my legs hurt at the end of the day lol. looks like a good buy to me

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Looks like a nice rig but you need to look it over in person if you have not already done so. Depending on how much work you want to do, I would say it looks to be a def. driver with very little work as it sits.

WASP1971

Loc.
Mary Esther, Florida
I think you're doing well at $9k. I would absolutely look into a disk brake upgrade. Safety first! Speaking of Mustangs; I just traded in my 08 GT500 on an Expedition. On that note I have to go wipe my tears...

OP
OP
B

bdog9seclx

wasp???? Babies? the reason?

and yep have checked it out in person. and took it to my friends shop to look over the drive train u joints ball joints etc etc.

might be time to pull thr trigger on this puppy. do disc brakes and then refresh motor and running gear as i get down the road. for safety i need to get 3 point restraints corrects?? maybe new belts they felt a little stiff and dry