• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

hi-lift jack mounting ideas?

G

anyone with ideas where to mount a hi-lift jack inside,on my last bronco i had it bolted to the bed rail,any other locations or ideas?

ryansbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
The place of bronco
On my half cab I have it on top off the rear fender. Fits between the tail gate and the bulk head. When I get duffys new tire mount I'll hook it up there. ;D

broncodan1

8)
Hey,
When I get my Rock Quip rear bumper it'll mount there!
tired of tie'n it to the roll bar... ::)

Jeep Slayer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wildomar California
Here is what I came up with
pubimage.asp

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I have had mine bungeed to the kicker bar on the cage. When I built the latest bumper, I mounted it upside down in a piece of 2x4 box section that holds the tire. A bolt through one of the holes secures the jack. The jack base makes a nice handle to grab the spare tire and pull it away from the truck.

66horse

Bronco Guru
Mine is mounted ont he roll cage on the piece that angles to the back from the center loop.

You can kinda of see it here:
Resize%20of%20Four%20Wheel%20Trip%20005.jpg

I used exhaust cclapms to go around the roll bar and then for one nut on each i used a thing that has is like a long (2 inch) nut with threads on both sides. Then a bolt through jack into that thing.

ryansbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
The place of bronco
I need to modify Duffs on to my bumber. mine is made out of C channel stock. If the mod wont work I'm getting the whole kit. i saw a few down at sand lake. They take it real well.
Ryan