• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hi lift jacks

pa69broncoguy

harbor freight always has good deals on the generic ones, if you watch its not uncommon to see sales at tractor supply on high lifts

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Smittybilt has them too and they are a lot less expensive than Hi-Lift but I do not know about their quality.

shado72

Just ordered the smittysbuilt from summit. 50.00 and if u purchase over 100.00 they ship for free.

AZ73

Bronco Guru
Just got one free from a buddy I helped move. A real onc circa 1980

Last edited:

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
Is anybody a wear of curent or up comming deals on the hi lift jacks, and exsessorys?

;D Ok, just to clarify.

This is A wear:

4ee0a287d8491_233879n.jpg

and this is aware:

African-lioness-stalking.jpg

jhill52

I have a couple. I buy them at auctions and flee markets. Genuine Hi-Lifts.

Just finished making my own version of a Safe Jack base. Mine bolts to the base instead of using the cables. Should work great in the sand.

I would post a pic but I don't have a camera

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I picked up one off Craig's list, LN for $40

Just look around

OP
OP
B

Billsboat

Loc.
Rowlett tx
Thanks to thous who responded to my question. I will check out ur suggestions. I did not think about flee markets.To the others, well I assumed the purpose of this forum was to talk about and get information on EBs, not get spelling lessons. So when my auto correct kicked in I just ignored it and moved on. I assumed all would understand, and had better things to do than to be bothered by it.

I come to this forum, as do many others, and that is to enjoy a hobby, not be criticized for something that has nothing to do with the focus of this forum. I am sure I would have ignored the comments if they were all in good hummer as el kabongs was, but one had racist overtones, and I just don't feel that kind of thinking has a place in this forum!

AaronWelch

Loc.
Atascocita, TX.
Billsboat, I agree we all come here to support and learn from each other and we have all made grammatical errors, however I cannot figure out how VT_Don's statement could have been seen as racist? Here is an example:

All of the following would speak English as a second language...
hotasiangirl_zps06421989.jpg

salma-h1_zps747dd560.jpg

switzerland-women_zps0140ecd3.jpg

And I don't see anything racist about that..... NO sir I sure don't!!!

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
I found Mr. Kabongs statement to be relevant. The assistance found on Bronco websites are exigent and significant. Someone needs to interrupt the perpetuation of misused homophones. Friends should be able to do this without being criticized.

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
I hava a problem......I have a collection of Jacks dating back to 1906....NOW...I SAID IT...I FEEL BETTER...WOW...ANYWAY I HAVE A FEW HANDYMAN JACKS.....ONE EVEN WITH A WOODEN HANDLE....

AaronWelch

Loc.
Atascocita, TX.
Technically this was not a homophone issue. This was a simple misspelling of aware.... or the impromptu placement of an unneeded spatial gap in the colloquy.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Autocorrect...oh what fun it is. I didn't see anything racist in VT_Don's question, but English as a written language certainly seems to have its good days and bad on this forum, just like any I'm sure. Beer count can certainly play a part as well. As for the Grammar Police, I've gotta say that good grammer aids in good communication, so if you want to focus on the topic at hand, than it's only polite to speak in a manner conducive to doing so.

Just as I wouldn't ask for help by swearing at someone, I wouldn't ask for help by being inaccurate in my speech or diction either.

Autocorrect is fabulously entertaining IMO, so I think we should all be required to use it and make all of our posts from our phones. http://www.damnyouautocorrect.com/66049/best/

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Oh My.. This thread got so much better. :)

Everyone go Vote :)

Billsboat, I agree we all come here to support and learn from each other and we have all made grammatical errors, however I cannot figure out how VT_Don's statement could have been seen as racist? Here is an example:

All of the following would speak English as a second language...
hotasiangirl_zps06421989.jpg

salma-h1_zps747dd560.jpg

switzerland-women_zps0140ecd3.jpg

And I don't see anything racist about that..... NO sir I sure don't!!!