• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

HID Headlight Fuse question

GatorDoc

Hey guys,
I am having problems getting one of these fuses. Cant find it. Its from a HID headlight upgrade kit from Toms. My battery puked all over them ( without me knowing) until I no longer had headlights. I was able to find the two power relays pretty easily. But I am assuming this piece is a inline fuse. It is marked 050-0905 3A which corresponds with no fuse I can find. Also there is a "map" telling you the correct way to route the electrical charge. Any and all help is appreciated.
G
IMG_2369_zpsiyxqmu2m.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2370_zpsimdd0iec.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2371_zpsxswuk7wt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Broncobowsher

Total hack
That is a diode, not a fuse. A one way check valve for electrons. Not sure the original wiring but it could be to keep the lights on when the high beam is turned on or it is to keep the electrical noise blocked out (many of the HID modules are very electrically noisy and put a bunch of high voltage feedback into the supply)

OP
OP
G

GatorDoc

Hah! That explains why I could not find it:) I just found one with a quick internet search. Your awesome Broncobowsher !!!!!! Thanks again.