• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hidden Speakers in or under the dash

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Top of the mornin to ya.

I've been toying with a way to remove the current speaker box that I have mounted on the transmission tunnel and hide the speakers somewhere under the dash. After crawling around behind the dash for a few hours with no inspiration I thought I'd ask the community what you guys (and girls) have done.

I have two 6.5" speakers that need to be mounted somehow behind the dash - would like as little exposure as possible. I already have a center speaker mounted behind the speaker grille so that location is out. I was thinking of using the glove box as one location but would still be one spot short. Has anyone found a good solution? Perhaps somewhere near the fresh air vent?

Louie

Bronco Guru
I was thinking of using the glove box as one location but would still be one spot short. Has anyone found a good solution?

Would it fit in the console...maybe facing forward? I actually had a dp toolbox console one time from a previous owner that had a couple of speakers mounted inside facing the bucket seats & it worked pretty good. They were smaller though...

fastback

Loc.
Asheboro, NC
My front speakers are face mounted to a piece of thin flat sheet metal with a hole cut out for the speaker. It is bolted on the bottom side under the dash. On the Drivers side there is enough room for the speaker to point straight down and out of sight on the passenger side the speaker aims more toward where your legs would be. That peice of sheet metal has a bend in it and is more visible because of the heater hoses.

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I've thought about that too - the center console that i have is a tuffy look-a-like - I might be able to do something with that...hmmmm

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
speakers

I mounted 2 4" speakers right in each corner under the dash pointed down, but I have moved my glove boxe over to allow for A/C vents. There was just no room with them thespeakers there, and the area behind the dash was packed. I moved the radio and all the speakers up to the roll bar. I put 2- 6 inch behind the passenger and driver and 2- 4 inch at the front near the radio. I am not quite finshed with it yet, but when finished all wiring will be inside the roll bar and the speakers will be completely incased. The radio and speakers will be more water proof than they are under the dask. It is easily heard running 80 with the top off. It also opened up a ton of space under the dash.

I attached a few pics, but remeber I am not finished.

The Bronco headlight swicht switch operates the dome light, and the front and rear offroad lights through relays.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
00gryhed - thats gonna look GREAT when finished. I had a similar idea but my cage would need to be modified - looks like you nailed it!

BCH BRCO

I mounted a pair of Bose 150 speakers under my rear seat and they project all of the sound you could ever want. Don't have front speakers or need them!

Beach Bronco