• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

high lift jack mounting ???

MountainGuy

Loc.
Athens, Georgia
I need some ideas on how to mount one as a rear bumper? i dont' have a rear bumper and wanted my jack on the back. Any help is awesome. thanks

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
I can't help you with the rear bumper mounting, but if you are interested, I can take some pics of how I mounted my Hi-Lift on the Roll Bar. It looks sweet, and it'll be out of the elements. I used Muffler clamps and some misc. hardware to hold it in place.. Looks sweet, and doesn't rattle...

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
ok i just had to ask, isn't kind of hard to jack up without a bumper? i is confused?:? ?:?

KST1

For the quick, easy way... Weld a couple of 5/16" bolts onto the frame horns sticking out backwards. Line them up so that they fit through the Hi-Lift main rail. Add a couple of washers and nuts. Away you go.

If you want to get really fancy (%) ), weld a peice of tubing or channel across the frame horns and then weld the bolts to them. That way you will have something to jack upon.

-D

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
supermottl said:
I can't help you with the rear bumper mounting, but if you are interested, I can take some pics of how I mounted my Hi-Lift on the Roll Bar. It looks sweet, and it'll be out of the elements. I used Muffler clamps and some misc. hardware to hold it in place.. Looks sweet, and doesn't rattle...
Doe it look anything like this? ;)
http://classicbroncos.com/hi-liftmount.shtml

MountainGuy, so you're mounting your Hi-Lift in place of a bumper? Or you're going to install a bumper and want to mount the Hi-Lift to that?

66horse

Bronco Guru
supermottl said:
Precisely Watson. that's where I got the idea. Works swell. Just took my azz down to sears hardware and got all the parts.. works awesome

Glad it worked out well!

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
Yeah, and I put some gasket material on the inside of the muffler clamp cuz I'm a Mary and don't wanna scratch up my junk.

Thanks again for the idea..

66horse

Bronco Guru
supermottl said:
Yeah, and I put some gasket material on the inside of the muffler clamp cuz I'm a Mary and don't wanna scratch up my junk.

Thanks again for the idea..

That is a really good idea! I need ot move one of my clamps up the rollbar a little but then I will need ot repaint where it was. If I had usd some gasket material, Iwould be good to go!

bnk70bronco

Loc.
Redding, CA
If you want to put in on the frame just buy some bolts and put them through the hole where the bumper mounted and then line up the hilift. I had to put some spaces on the bolts so that the jack would will tighten down. It worked well for me until I got a bumper.

Idaho Slim

Loc.
Archer, Idaho
Sweet roll bar attachement, I have put mine in 3 other locations, all having their faults. I will be changing to the one de-picted thanks admin, as they say..... a picture is worth a thousand words! ;)

btw...... any problems with that mounting when used in conjunction with a fastop soft-top?

66horse

Bronco Guru
Idaho Slim said:
Sweet roll bar attachement, I have put mine in 3 other locations, all having their faults. I will be changing to the one de-picted thanks admin, as they say..... a picture is worth a thousand words! ;)

btw...... any problems with that mounting when used in conjunction with a fastop soft-top?

THere should not be but it depends. In one of the pictures I have the soft top on and there is ample clearance. I have a protofab roll bar. A Smittybilt will put the jack closer to the top. like I say shouldn't but no promises.

Steve

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
I just had to post mine....
hiliftjack.jpg

As you can tell, it doesn't work too bad with the bikini top on. But it would be hard as hell to get out if you had a full soft top on. I guess you'd have to unzip your windows. Thanks 66horse for the idea! I love it!

Oh yeah...I used ruberized undercoating on the exhaust clamp and bolts, worked great!