• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Holley 2 bbl adapter plate

acestony

Loc.
Wisconsin
Hello I just installed a holley 7508-1 2 bbl carb. I mounted it to the egr plate that mounts to the intake manifold. Now my bronco will not idle, and I have been reading on it and it said the holes on the bottom of the carb might be covered. Do I need a different adapter plate and of so where can I get one. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Tony

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Call Summit Racing, they will have a couple of choices. I use a Moroso adapter to go from my Edelbrock intake to my 2150 motorcraft, it looks good and works great.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I'm pretty sure you dont need a differnet adapter plate you probably either have a vacuum leak or your carb needs to be adjusted. Does it run at all? If so check the choke is it fully closed maybe its closed to far. If thats not it turn the idle speed screw in to get the idle higher once it will run on its own and is warmed up start adjusting the idle mixture screws until you get the smoothest highest idle speed of course you may have to back the idle speed screw down and readjust the mixture screws a few times to get it where it needs to be.