• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Holley Carb help

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
74 Bronco stock 302. Ok...got her started finally and when you snap the throttle, it hesitates. Holley 4160 4bbl Carb has been rebuilt and another carb I tried did the same exact thing when you snap the throttle. When you ease into it, it revs up great all the way to high RPM's even. Both accelerator pumps in both carbs are new. Timing is good. I tried to turn the mixture screws out about 1.5 turns each and did 1/2 turn incraments all the way to 6 turns and it didnt help. I put them back at 1.5 turns out. Any ideas?

Blue71

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
Get a vacumn guage and set your carb that way. Check vacumn advance on dist. also. Try to choke it out with choke butterfly see what it does you might have a small vac. leak also.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
X2 probably need a larger pump nozzle. also if your turning the idle mixture screws that much and no change you may have some other issues as well either a vacuum leak, plugged air bleeds, wrong metering block gasket or the power valve is loose or blown.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
74 Bronco stock 302. Ok...got her started finally and when you snap the throttle, it hesitates. Holley 4160 4bbl Carb has been rebuilt and another carb I tried did the same exact thing when you snap the throttle. When you ease into it, it revs up great all the way to high RPM's even. Both accelerator pumps in both carbs are new. Timing is good. I tried to turn the mixture screws out about 1.5 turns each and did 1/2 turn incraments all the way to 6 turns and it didnt help. I put them back at 1.5 turns out. Any ideas?

Blue71

I'll give you $500 dollars for it and wish you a "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year"!!!
Good Luck Blue71!!!!!;D;D;D

OP
OP
Blue71

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sure..I'll sell ya this Holley for 500.00 buckaroos:)

Andy

Blue71

Boss351

Loc.
Foxboro
Watch the squirt in the carb and see if you need to adj the accl. cam. on the throttle linkage

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mine is doing the same thing, but has a bad bog when trying to cruise down the street. Idles great, accelerates great, but trying to hold 25 mph it bucks and jumps then backfires pretty good.