• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Holley Pro-jection

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Ford efi is much cheaper and more reliable. You can also get parts at almost any auto parts store. And if you want high speed stuff there is a huge aftermarket following.

73bronco

Don;t waste your money. I did once. It was great off-road but sucked on road. Stock 5.0 is the way to go.

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru
You will hate your life! ! ! ! The biggest waste of money I ever spent. Howell or FORD efi is the way to go.

OP
OP
7elk

7elk

Loc.
Albuquerque
Thanks all. Glad I didn't but it. Was offered at a good price but thought I should check first. I'd like to go ford efi but most of my experence is with stock carb stuff,so I am a littke gun shy about wiring and set-up.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Holley

I ran it when it first came out. Worked fine on and off road. Not one issue, BUT Holley's support when I was working on 1/2 dozen other Holley systems was terrible. I sold mine since I figured some day if/when mine died parts and support might be non-existent.

I'd go Ford SEFI over Holley's projection now. Holley or Edelbrock's new system on large displacement engines from appr 425cubes or more is the way to go IMO tho.

Rockin69er

I got one for free. $300 bucks later I took it off and GAVE it away. Tried the Howell set up. After 3 different local Ch##y techs that were OBD I, II and III trained and a Howell authorized guy and Howell sending me several different computers/chips, I am now back to a carb and collecting factory Ford SEFI stuff. No more aftermarket stuff for me, I can't afford it.

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)
I have been running a Holley 4DI for about 10 years now. Runs good off raod and ok on the street. In my opinion it has been far less of a problem than ANY carborator setup. Keep in mind there was a serious learning curve to it and it still is not as goo as a Ford EFI setup.

That said I am in the process of putting together a mild 351W and will be running a Ford EFI setup on it.

Dan

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Unfortunatly just throwing "pro-jection" out there is like asking if anyone runs a holley carb. There are many variations of it. 2-barrel, 4-barrel, vacuum secondaries, mechanical secondaries, dominator, Truck avenger, center hung, side hung, those funky ones with the center fuel bowl or those early 90's with the intigrated bowls.

The newer and fancier the better they get. I have an old Pro-jection 4-Di that is better then the old Holley 1850-s that I had before. But it still has bugs. I have done one EEC-IV swap for another project, the Bronco is looking to get a swap as well. Don't have a timeline for it though.