• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Holy SHIPPING!!!

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I know right??? Why go to trade school for 2 yrs, work at apprenticeship wages for another two yrs and STILL earn 60% of what a Brown Truck driver makes? Good for them!

I have always been pro union (when they aren't corrupt). We have lost soooo many decent paying jobs when everything went overseas to show more profits for investors. Don't get me started on the loss of American jobs. LOL

Have a great day all. :)

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Steve's a LOT younger than I am :) because I remember and have pics (on slides) of 22.9/gal for regular so yeah, we're paying more for shipping. My Dad in '73 was earning almost $30K as a teacher, His '69 Bronco from the factory was $3950 incl tax.

Today I just read where a FT UPS delivery drivers salary with bene's just went from $144K/year to $175K/year by the end of this new contract. .. so expect to pay more for shipping soon! lol
I part time employ a few ups employees, none of them make near those numbers, maybe that is major metro areas? Here they went to $21 an hour or something like that.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I part time employ a few ups employees, none of them make near those numbers, maybe that is major metro areas? Here they went to $21 an hour or something like that.
Must be regional or job title related.

OTR drivers for Walmart are knocking down $110k plus. I have some regional drivers that work for us that are in that ballpark and are home every night. Believe me I’ve thought about going back to driving….. I could make enough to not spend 100+ nights a year on the road. But I like what I do and those guys pave the way for me to do what I do. Good drivers make your company superstar or a fat zero if they are not. Besides if I spent that much time alone with my thoughts I’d be a serial killer lol.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Part time only make $21/hr. Guess what UPS will be doing? Filling as many postions as possible as "Part Time". No bene's, less than half the hourly wage...

big blue

Loc.
McDowell, Kentucky
Part-time operations employees for UPS
Part-time operations employees earn $20 an hour on average after 30 days. These part-time jobs have consistent hours and come with the great benefits we offer our full-time employees, including $0 healthcare premiums. Part-time employees also receive paid vacations and holidays, tuition benefits for most, and contributions to a defined-benefit pension plan.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Steve's a LOT younger than I am :) because I remember and have pics (on slides) of 22.9/gal for regular so yeah, we're paying more for shipping. My Dad in '73 was earning almost $30K as a teacher, His '69 Bronco from the factory was $3950 incl tax.

Today I just read where a FT UPS delivery drivers salary with bene's just went from $144K/year to $175K/year by the end of this new contract. .. so expect to pay more for shipping soon! lol
My first engineering job out of Purdue paid about $18,700/year. 1985.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Part time only make $21/hr. Guess what UPS will be doing? Filling as many postions as possible as "Part Time". No bene's, less than half the hourly wage...
According to my UPS driver and friend, they eliminated the POV drivers as part of the recent agreement. My son made great money as a POV driver during the Fall/Christmas crush. Ran his F-150 with a rear and side-load topper and killed it.

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't know about your areas, but we have massive amounts of jobs and nobody to fill them. Some of the bigger companies have 30% job openings. I assume these companies will fight for jobs by paying better.

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Until robots come out:)

UPS drivers will be replaced with robots and self driving cars soon.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Part-time operations employees for UPS
Part-time operations employees earn $20 an hour on average after 30 days. These part-time jobs have consistent hours and come with the great benefits we offer our full-time employees, including $0 healthcare premiums. Part-time employees also receive paid vacations and holidays, tuition benefits for most, and contributions to a defined-benefit pension plan.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Thanks for the clarification. How do they move from 30hrs/wk PT at about $20-21/hr to 40hrs/wk at 2 1/2X ($59/hr) the salary?

That always seems to be the key. I have people I know who fight Safeway/Fred Meyers trying to get past that magical 32hrs/week so they can survive financially. Many corps do this to their employees.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Steve's a LOT younger than I am :) because I remember and have pics (on slides) of 22.9/gal for regular so yeah, we're paying more for shipping. My Dad in '73 was earning almost $30K as a teacher,
Your dad was an extremely well-paid teacher if he was making $30k/yr in 1973!

Todd Z.