• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hood Scoops

JTCamp

Loc.
Austin, Texas
Guys, <br>Who makes the best hood scoop, in yall's opinion?<br>I would like to add one in preparation for a q-jet, the looks and maybe some cooling. How do you mount these? Does it take away from hood strength? What is the best place to cut the holes(i.e- front, back, sides, etc.)? Thanks for the help. <br><br>John

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
I want to put at least one of the mustang hood scoops on mine. The best prices I have found are at www.up22.com They have hundreds of scoops...pick one.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:p :p :p Ford from big truck f-600 up they sit backwards on the truck look good is steel and has a chrome grill. also one from the courger eliminater they are big and about 3" tall. 8) 8) 8) Bill 8) ::) :p

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
I just put one on mine. Wild Horses and Chuck's I think are the same. I had to reinforce mine with some metal so it was not so flimsy. I taped mine to the hood with the 3M OEM stuff they use to put body moldings on with. So far so good. That stuff is so strong you only get one shot at putting it on. I can lift the hood by the scoop if I wanted to. <br><br>If you want to see pictures of mine, just email me...

OP
OP
J

JTCamp

Loc.
Austin, Texas
c2,<br><br>For some reason I can't email you. I'd like to see the pictures if you have a chance(you can email them to me). My main concern is the strength of the hood after it is cut out for the scoop. Did you run into any problems? Thanks in advance.<br> <br>John

OP
OP
J

JTCamp

Loc.
Austin, Texas
[quote author=c2computer link=board=5;threadid=10434;start=0#76042 date=1035327281]<br>My email is c2computer@yahoo.com<br><br>Yeah, you will need to add some bars to strengthen it. Once I did that it was fine. Just send me an email and I will take some photos.<br>[/quote]<br><br>I can't email you, the address is rejected...I have this problem from time to time. If you can email me though, that would work. jtcamp@mail.utexas.edu

dji

Had another Bronco and put a factory scoop from a 71 Comet GT on it. Fit perfect. The lines on the hood followed the line on the scoop. Beauty!!

merciless

Loc.
Brooklyn, NY
nOOb question<br><br>Whats the differences between cowl induction and a regular scoop? Obviously the regular rams air in it. <br>Can you just turn a regular scoop backwards and make it a induction.?<br><br>Also wouldn't it be a problem with a regular open front scoop with driving it in hard rain.

Outshine2

Loc.
Orange County, CA
[quote author=merciless link=board=5;threadid=10434;start=0#76137 date=1035341110]<br><br>Also wouldn't it be a problem with a regular open front scoop with driving it in hard rain.<br>[/quote]<br><br>I cut out the front of my scoop and although it was a concern I never had any problem with driving in the hard rain or the snow after it was done. I also didn't notice any improvement in cooling either :'( , but it did look better ;D.