• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hooking up kickdown rod?

nboost

Loc.
Edmond, OK
I got a reman carb for my 289. The bronco didn't have a kick down rod on it when I got it. I am trying to chase down parts to get one hooked up. I was looking at the throttle linkage and don't see where it hooks up. Does this carb have a place to hook it up at?

photo-4-1.jpg

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Yes it's there. You've got a second arm on the throttle shaft that's lying down with the set screw - you can see it behind the spring. Lift it up and it will become obvious how you hook it up.

DuneBuster

Loc.
Canton
I got a lokar cable kick down. It was easy to install and adjust. The attachment to the carb was pretty obvious.