• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hopefully simple front drum brake query

Andrew

I'm new to Broncos but have had old Fords before. I have an unmolested, totally stock 69 Sport 302, three-speed manual with original nonpower all-drum brakes. Brake MC needs replacing, and I want to look at the wheel cylinders at the same time to see where the fluid is going. To remove the front drums, do I need to remove any of the hub? Seems to me the drum should come straight off over the hub. Presuming it's just stuck and heat, pounding, penetrant are the way to go?

Thanks for any advice. I need a manual but haven't gotten one yet.

Andrew
Berkeley, CA (not many Broncos here)

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Most drum setups wont come right off the hub I've never had one that would. Just need to pull the hubs its a good time to inspect and regrease the wheel bearings while your there.
Heat and pounding should be a last resort and if it comes to that something is really screwed up anyhow.