• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hopefully Some Positive News For Some

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
This guy on one of the forums has been right on the mark with every bit of info that he's revealed over the last couple of months.

"As you're all painfully aware, production at MAP will be down 2 of the next 4 weeks as suppliers - mainly Webasto - struggle to produce nearly enough to satisfy the build demand. The thought behind the shutdowns is to allow these suppliers to get a running start, so to speak, for the start of "full speed" production on 8/2.

With that said, there is hope. MAP has absolutely hit its stride with Bronco production, and the entire production process from the body shop through final assembly has been completely smoothed out and perfected. Both yesterday and today, Bronco's dedicated body shop pumped out 200 complete Bronco shells *per shift*. This is a HUGE step forward in moving towards the 8/2 target.

As for blend of Broncos to Rangers on final assembly at that point, expect anywhere from 5:1 to 7:1, as commodities allow. With lots across the country struggling for inventory and so many Ranger configurations still buildable throughout these shortages, I expect that Ranger production won't be completely strangled.

Even with the June and July builds that were pushed back to August, there are LOTS of production slots for the August schedule that will soon be filled. I expect many more of you to receive VINs and build dates in the next few weeks.

The biggest problem remains Webasto, and MIC hard tops will complicate the more straightforward build scheduling they were hoping for well into MY2022. IF you have a reservation from late July or later, want your Bronco soon, and can live with a soft top for a bit, take the option to switch to the HT prep kit soft top option that goes into production in September.

For you 2 door guys, early reservation holders should be hearing something soon. The fate of those late-July 2-door orders lie, unfortunately, in the newly-onboarded crew at Webasto.

Plans are still afoot to come back on 8/2 building as many as they can, but it's obvious the production blend won't be able to match actual orders until the roof issue is sorted... and we all know that's a ways off.

I'm a luck son of a bitch, my Bronco is sitting in my driveway now. I can tell you in all my experience that these rigs are worth the wait. Of course that's easier said on this side of the situation."

Another guy mentioned that out of 400 broncos that came thought the body shop today 100 of them were 2 door.

Tugross302

Okie. You seem educated on this s**t show. My reservation was July 15. I ordered a two door badlands Sasquatch mic top. I really don’t care what color the top is. Do they have the gray tops? Should a person try to change their order to a gray top? Would it just screw things up worse? Should I get my hopes up again after what you just posted? Should I just go to sleep for two more years? Should I take my money and go buy another EB?

OP
OP
okie4570

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
The "gray" top is the MIC top. For some reason "gray" has started floating around out there rather than calling it the MIC top.

Since they're a two door, there is no soft top option from Ford, so we're "stuck" with the MIC top or canceling the orders. The last date for a four door hard top order to be changed to a four door soft top order is 7/16/21. Merely a guess and wishful thinking on my part, but sometime shortly after that date, hopefully Ford will know exactly how many of what tops for the four doors, and have some kind of idea when everyone might see their bronco. If they can run a crap load of four doors with soft tops, you and I may be waiting a while. Regardless, our reservations are early enough, I think we'll still see our broncos in 21'.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks for update brother...

This guy on one of the forums has been right on the mark with every bit of info that he's revealed over the last couple of months.

"As you're all painfully aware, production at MAP will be down 2 of the next 4 weeks as suppliers - mainly Webasto - struggle to produce nearly enough to satisfy the build demand. The thought behind the shutdowns is to allow these suppliers to get a running start, so to speak, for the start of "full speed" production on 8/2.

With that said, there is hope. MAP has absolutely hit its stride with Bronco production, and the entire production process from the body shop through final assembly has been completely smoothed out and perfected. Both yesterday and today, Bronco's dedicated body shop pumped out 200 complete Bronco shells *per shift*. This is a HUGE step forward in moving towards the 8/2 target.

As for blend of Broncos to Rangers on final assembly at that point, expect anywhere from 5:1 to 7:1, as commodities allow. With lots across the country struggling for inventory and so many Ranger configurations still buildable throughout these shortages, I expect that Ranger production won't be completely strangled.

Even with the June and July builds that were pushed back to August, there are LOTS of production slots for the August schedule that will soon be filled. I expect many more of you to receive VINs and build dates in the next few weeks.

The biggest problem remains Webasto, and MIC hard tops will complicate the more straightforward build scheduling they were hoping for well into MY2022. IF you have a reservation from late July or later, want your Bronco soon, and can live with a soft top for a bit, take the option to switch to the HT prep kit soft top option that goes into production in September.

For you 2 door guys, early reservation holders should be hearing something soon. The fate of those late-July 2-door orders lie, unfortunately, in the newly-onboarded crew at Webasto.

Plans are still afoot to come back on 8/2 building as many as they can, but it's obvious the production blend won't be able to match actual orders until the roof issue is sorted... and we all know that's a ways off.

I'm a luck son of a bitch, my Bronco is sitting in my driveway now. I can tell you in all my experience that these rigs are worth the wait. Of course that's easier said on this side of the situation."

Another guy mentioned that out of 400 broncos that came thought the body shop today 100 of them were 2 door.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
The "gray" top is the MIC top. For some reason "gray" has started floating around out there rather than calling it the MIC top.

Since they're a two door, there is no soft top option from Ford, so we're "stuck" with the MIC top or canceling the orders. The last date for a four door hard top order to be changed to a four door soft top order is 7/16/21. Merely a guess and wishful thinking on my part, but sometime shortly after that date, hopefully Ford will know exactly how many of what tops for the four doors, and have some kind of idea when everyone might see their bronco. If they can run a crap load of four doors with soft tops, you and I may be waiting a while. Regardless, our reservations are early enough, I think we'll still see our broncos in 21'.

they definitely need to get their sheet straight