• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Horn and steering wheel quest

Roscoe95

Guys,
Can i buy replacement horn contacts that are found under the horn button (or in my stock case the half moon button)? The two contacts are on the plate under the button (on the wheel side) and have white plastic holders that are attached to the the plate by one screw each.

Also, when you pull off the steering wheel (1972) there is a small spring around the shaft holding in a plastic sleeve that centers the shaft in the column. Am i missing anything?

Thanks

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
OP
OP
R

Roscoe95

Now with pictures!

here is the steering wheel side view of the contacts i am referring to. there was a small contact off the phillips head screws on the white plastic pieces. of course they broke off. how do i replace theses? Thanks!!!!!

Attachments

• broncohorn1.jpg
    broncohorn1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 40
  • broncohorn2.jpg
    broncohorn2.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 39
  • broncohorn3.jpg
    broncohorn3.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 33

fordwheeler

Loc.
Nashville
here is the steering wheel side view of the contacts i am referring to. there was a small contact off the phillips head screws on the white plastic pieces. of course they broke off. how do i replace theses? Thanks!!!!!

I would imagine this is still under warranty

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
There was a thread here on the site years ago where someone cut up a penny to make new ones. No clue otherwise.

As I mentioned, the pieces from LMC are just the plastic insulators from what I've heard. No actual contacts are included.

I just went and looked at a reproduction steering wheel I have, and it comes with brand new contacts. So, they must be available somewhere.

Attachments

• IMG_7868.jpg
    IMG_7868.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 33

twisted 66

Contributor
Loc.
Norcal-Tracy
I am following this as well, I could use new contacts. One of the vendors who sell the repo wheels should be able to tell you where to get them from.

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
I called LMC truck and was told by the associate that their part is just the insulator, no contact included. And they were not sure where to get the contact.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Check with the Mustang parts suppliers I believe it is the same part used in the early Mustang. The 67 Mustang I had used some of the same parts under the steering wheel. There are some different parts depending wether your flasher switch is mounted on the steering collumn or on the dash.