• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

??? Horsepower sales disc. kits

Tuff68

Loc.
Hermitage, TN
Has anyone purchased one of the front disc conversion kits from Horsepower Sales on EBay.
Are the kits any good or have you had any trouble with these during assembly or after. The add also to change to Warn Hubs with the kit. Is this required.
If anyone has a phone number to the store please let me know would like to talk to these people before buying. Could not get an answer from them by email through ebay.
Thanks again

MattMoe

Contributor
Loc.
Baton Rouge
I have a set they went on easier then the old drums came off. My truck is not running right now so I can not say how they work, but several other people on here have used him before. I think you can use your stock hubs. But the warns are nice and he discounts them a little too.

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
I purchased his kit a few years ago and it went on very easily...to date it has been my easiest mod. Just one tip; Whenever it says to grind on the caliper for the steering knuckle to clear do yourself a favor and don't go lightly on the grind or you'll be under there grinding again. I also went ahead and replaced the tired stock hubs with warn premiums at the same time, but I got them from Jeff's. Good luck.

carpsak09

Loc.
Sperryville
i tried to email them to and no one answered. i plan on getting the same setup so let the board know how it works for you. good luck

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
raleigh_bronco said:
Just one tip; Whenever it says to grind on the caliper for the steering knuckle to clear do yourself a favor and don't go lightly on the grind or you'll be under there grinding again.

X2 on grinding the caliper...I was back under mine.
I have this setup also...works great.

OP
OP
T

Tuff68

Loc.
Hermitage, TN
Still need phone #

I am still looking for someone that has the phone number to Horse Power Sales. They are not answering emails.

thanks,
David

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
They're probably off for Christmas ..... They have kits on Ebay right now , get the contact info there . BTW their disk kit is no different from what the vendors sell ... & can be a bunch cheaper . Worked just fine for me . ;D

tabascom16

Loc.
Salisbury, PA
I would check the local traders guide for a dana44 from a late 70's f150 for the knuckle out conversion. I see them every now and then around here going for pretty cheap....much cheaper than any conversion kits you can buy brand new.

Maybe even contact some junkyards in the area and see what they want for a truck dana44.

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
I ran the kit on my rig, worked great and was a giant improvement over the stock drums, even without a booster. As was mentioned above, grind the heck out of those calipers to get the proper clearance. Also, if you have aftermarket hubs, make sure they will work, I had an older set of warns on mine, so I skipped on the upgrade. Turns out my warns were just a hair too big and I had to make an emergency run to 4wheel parts for hubs that would fit. That price tag made me kick myself for not upgrading from the seller. Other than that, I loved the kit, very easy to install and stopped the rig much better than those old drums. I was going to do the junk yard conversion, but didnt have time to run around looking for parts, so I went with the kit. Unfortunately, I only got to use them for a few months before my rig was totalled, so I can't comment on long term use. After the conversion, I can't believe I drove that thing around town with all drums

Hogback

whats up Tough68? Havent talked to you in a while! I just found a guy locally with a lot of parts who thinks he's got enough for 2 front disc conversions. He's gonna sell me a whole full width D44 for $225 (3.50 gears). He says he's got some knuckles-out from another one too. If you want i could snag them for you.

Warhead13

Loc.
St. Augustine, Fl
Well, I just purchased the conversion kit and a power brake kit as well... Hope I don't get any problems w/ the paypal/ebay stuff... Anyone got any pics of the grinding that has to be done on the calipers?

shortnfat73

Loc.
Tucson/AZ
Warhead13, let us know how the install goes, please. I have been looking at that kit for at least a year now. Good luck!!
ShortnFat

MattMoe

Contributor
Loc.
Baton Rouge
I had to grind a lot more on the driver side than the pass. side, don't know why. The install is simple once you get the old brakes off,and I am no mechanic by any means either.

cuz1

Loc.
Raleigh NC
I have the same kit and want to get rid of it. I can work you a great deal. It does not come with the mounting plate for the caliper or knuckles. I will take $300.00 plus shipping.

BroncoRunner

Loc.
SE Michigan
I put a set on my Bronco and they were definitely easier to install than getting the old ones off, not as bad as the rear drums though. You'll be glad you put them on.