• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How about this one?

Nuke

Decided on buying the blue EB I mentioned here<br>but it was sold :'( <br><br>So here is another. It has a 351w with a C6, fiber glass fenders and quarter panels, full roll cage, race buckets, holley carburetor, headers, and more. It has an odd histroy. Two owners ago, they guy was trying to make it an off road racer. The next owner put a lot of weight on to make it a road crusier. The current owner doesn't really know what he has. <br><br>I kept on asking, because I did not know, how many speeds the C6 had and he kept telling me it was an auto. I did some searching here on the C6 and only found that is was a heavy-duty transmission and generally considered overkill. How many speeds does it have and what is the gearing?<br><br>One odd thing about this EB is its Safari Top. It pretty cool, but there is no enclosure for colder weather. If the hard top comes off, I could get a convertable top. Are there any other options?<br><br>They guy is asking $4600. Overall, I think its a pretty good deal. It is a 71 so it does not have power anything or disc brakes. I did not even bother asking if it had a Dana 44. What'd you think?<br><br>Thanx<br><br>
00266435802.jpg
<br><br>

Broncmeister

Some people here would say it's too much, but the question to ask is, how much is it worth to you? I paid 4k for mine, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

T

teknalee

i'd stay away from that thing.. it looks funny... O_O for that much you could probably do better

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
The C-6 is just like the C-4, but stronger, but there is nothing wrong with overkill. It has 3 forward gears. You could get the soft top, or even another hard top depending on how cold it gets in your area. I gotta tell you though, first things I would do is ditch the steps, rack on top, and the hood bubble thing. The 351w is a good engine, so a bonus there. See if you can talk him down, but a Bronco for $4600 cant be found in CA hardly anymore, so I say its a good deal assuming its mechanically sound.<br>-Eric

OP
OP
Nuke

Nuke

Yeah, the steps and the hood would go. I kind of like the top though.<br><br>As far as the C6, I understood it was a power hog.<br><br>Also, I wasn't going to pay more then $4k.<br><br>Thanx!!

merciless

Loc.
Brooklyn, NY
Just for reference. I paid 5k for mine but it had new paint 76sport and power everything. 50k on rebuilt hipo 302 and rebuilt c4. I went down to NC from NYC to get mine.<br><br>It would almost be cheaper for you to find one cheaper in another state and get it shipped to you. Someone on this board might even go and check one out for you. Just a thought.<br>

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
Looks like shat to me. I would avoid it. Sounds like that thing has been pieced together and turned into a POS. Just wait for a good buy, check ebay. You can get cars shiped for around 500 bucks long distance if needed, so theres a great option for you to hold out for a better buy.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
looks wise its messed up, so you'll have to strip some of that junk off it. If...........If the tub,doors,tailgate are clean, no rot and runs reasonable I'd offer $2k for it. <br>The rims are sweet though, If they fit my '76 I'de buy them off you. ;) ;) ;D

OP
OP
Nuke

Nuke

Found another 76. The guys son replaced the wiring and was not able to get it to turn over (he had a limited amount of time). Body wise, he says the only major rust besides surface rust are holes in the driver side rocker panel. I think I can get it for $2-$2.5 k. Wha'd ya think?<br><br>
00269415302.jpg

Spence

Loc.
Westminster, Co
With a lift and tires like that the previous owner probably did some serious off roading. Just look it over real carefully. It might not have very good road manners. <br><br>Also, on your first EB pick, I believe Ford switched from the Dana 30 to the Dana 44 in 71 1/2. Good luck.<br>

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
[quote author=Recently DeJEEPed link=board=5;threadid=10651;start=0#83403 date=1037487518]
With a lift and tires like that the previous owner probably did some serious off roading. Just look it over real carefully. It might not have very good road manners.

Also, on your first EB pick, I believe Ford switched from the Dana 30 to the Dana 44 in 71 1/2. Good luck.

[/quote]Yep, my first was an early 71 with the 30. I also strongly agree with your caution too. Conveniently not starting is a good way to end up with an entire bunch of problems you would have been able to see with a test drive. Just use your best judgement and don't let your "WANT" get in the way(easier said than done). Good luck.

broncoswede61

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles,CA
Offer $1800...if it turns out to be a POS,you can always part it out and get your money back....especiall;y if it has power discs and power steering.I also agree though,that the fact that it wont start makes it more of a risky buy.....remember:Whatever Bronco you buy will take some work+$$$$<br>Good luck :)

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
[quote author=broncoswede61 link=board=5;threadid=10651;start=0#83464 date=1037503652]<br>Offer $1800...if it turns out to be a POS,you can always part it out and get your money back....especiall;y if it has power discs and power steering.I also agree though,that the fact that it wont start makes it more of a risky buy.....remember:Whatever Bronco you buy will take some work+$$$$<br>Good luck :)<br>[/quote]<br>Exactly...do that. Good luck.

ChuckUNC

Loc.
Raleigh, NC
[quote author=Nuke link=board=5;threadid=10651;start=0#77813 date=1035776294]<br>Decided on buying the blue EB I mentioned here<br>but it was sold :'( <br><br>So here is another. It has a 351w with a C6, fiber glass fenders and quarter panels, full roll cage, race buckets, holley carburetor, headers, and more. <br><br>[/quote]<br>I live in Raleigh and I thought that one had a 351 Cleveland, which is generally considered not a very good engine for low rpm torque.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'd pass on the first one and go with the '76 if you check it out good and it's in good shape.<br><br>Blue71

OP
OP
Nuke

Nuke

[quote author=ChuckUNC link=board=5;threadid=10651;start=15#83470 date=1037507372]<br><br>I live in Raleigh and I thought that one had a 351 Cleveland, which is generally considered not a very good engine for low rpm torque.<br>[/quote]<br><br>It is listed as a 351C but I talked to the owner and he said that was a misprint.<br><br>Thanx for the help guys. It does seem a little risky but I figure for about $2k for a fairly rust free 76 I can't go wrong. Weather permitting, I am going to see it tommorrow. I let you know what happens :)

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Hope this one works out for you. I figure if you were willing to pay four grand for that ugly one this seems like a steal. If it does not run you still have a few bucks to spend on it. That truck looks like LOTTERY if found in N.Y. good luck

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
[quote author=2badrotties link=board=5;threadid=10651;start=15#83509 date=1037548582]<br> That truck looks like LOTTERY if found in N.Y. <br>[/quote]<br><br>Thats what I was thinking when I found mine. ;D ;D