• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How best to protect UNDER the body??

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Yeah, I just didn't want to reply if it wasn't to me.

You're right that there's very seldom snow & salt in Memphis, but he DID drive in it when it happened, just like every other day. But it DID get a lot wetter than just being washed. Almost every day that he wasn't flying, he was training dogs, which always involved some degree of off-roading. Occasionally, the Mississippi mud was so thick that it would weigh down the wheel liners on the drive home to get rinsed. And he used it to launch & recover his Aluminum boat, which sometimes required dunking the rear axle, or more. He also took it to Hot Springs a couple of times.

So for the effort & money, I think undercoating is one of the best options to prevent underbody rust, as you'd expect.