• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

how can you tell the difference??

carpsak09

Loc.
Sperryville
i just bought a 1976 bronco. I know that they made the base model, the ranger, and the sport but how can you tell the difference between them, like what options came with the ranger or sport. I think that i bought the base model but i just wanted to check just in case. thanks.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
If it's a Ranger or an Explorer model it will say so on a outer glovebox tag (that is if the VIN matchs %) ). Sports will have Bronco Sport emblems on the front fenders. Unfortunately, Broncos tend evolve over the years and different owners and their personal tastes. I say, if you want a Sport...get some chrome and make a Sport, if you want an Explorer or Ranger get some funky tweed patterns on your seats and call it one of those. They aren't Mustangs and "numbers matching" doesn't matter to us as long as it rolls! :cool:

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
http://www.martiauto.com/

There's also this, but I've never run one, so I don't know how much they'd tell you about the specific model you have according to your VIN. Might be worth a shot though.