• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How to tell the difference between a 351W,C,M

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's great to know Bill. Love to see that pic sometime too!
I've always just preferred the "Midland" moniker myself. For me, it just flowed with the other two names. Cleveland and Windsor both being locations of plants. I know that some M engines were actually made at the Cleveland foundry, so that would not have necessarily applied. But I still thought the general theme stayed intact.

Interesting to finally see some actual Ford lit that mentions it.

Paul

OP
OP
MikeKC130J

MikeKC130J

Contributor
Ok so I have a picture of the motor in question but I'll be dammed if I can't figure out how to upload the picture, I paid for the upgrade I'll have to try and figure this out

OP
OP
MikeKC130J

MikeKC130J

Contributor
Attached is the 351w in question, just want to make sure my C4 will hook up to this motor, and the guy selling it is correct in that it is a 351w, I was not sure how to tell them apart, but by reading this post, I'm confident this should be a 351w. Thanks for all the information.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 36

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Attached is the 351w in question, just want to make sure my C4 will hook up to this motor, and the guy selling it is correct in that it is a 351w, I was not sure how to tell them apart, but by reading this post, I'm confident this should be a 351w. Thanks for all the information.

Looks like it is a 351W (as opposed to a 302)...but hard to say what year since it has an older vintage carbed top end on it.

OP
OP
MikeKC130J

MikeKC130J

Contributor
Yeah, I'm not sure what kind of Frankenstein carb they have slapped on top but the plan is to stroke it, put aluminum heads and intake and figure out what type of rotating Assy I want to or need to use and start putting it together.