• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

how many EB owners actually drive their rigs daily?

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
I used to daily drive it to work and back but then I decided to "improve it" and have not driven for 2 years.. ugh....

That's exactly where I'm at. I should be getting it back from the painter this week, then I'll put it back together enough that I CAN drive it and do the detail work as time permits. After that I WILL go wheeling in it and look good while crawling. I don't plan on doing any 'body modification' while wheeling, but if it happens, oh well. When I get the 4bt in the '73 that's when I start doing the body work;D

Jim W.

yewhi

Loc.
San Diego
Looks like my bronco will be given DD status in the very near future.

Wife informs me that her parents are coming to visit (for 3 months) and she has volunteered my car for them to drive while they're here (since I also have the Bronco). They don't show until June and I'll just I can now "justify" making some "improvements" to the bronco (just to be on the safe side). ;)

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Mine's retired to weekends and cruise nights.

I did use her to guide some trees where to fall over the weekend, thanks to the winch, so maybe semi retirement would be a better classification.

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't currently drive mine daily but I will "When its done"!

DFWBroncoNewbie

Mine has been a DD for the past 4 yrs unless I go on a long road trip. It's seen 'off road' use maybe twice.

HoldMyPocket

Loc.
OC, CA
I used to drive mine 80 miles total in a day two and from work. I would still if I hadn't purchased a commuter car. Gas prices are the only thing that stopped me.

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
I used to until I went to upgrade one thing then it snowballed and have not had it on the road for almost two years now.

Bubbaluv

Loc.
Agoura Hills, CA
I drive mine daily everywhere I go. I am fortunately to live close to where I work as the cost of gas and ware and tear on the car and my body would probably require more of commuter car. I used to drive 110 miles round trip daily and I cant imagine doing to that in the Bronco. Although, I would certainly give the college try until my back gave and wallet gave out.

Squid

Loc.
San Diego
Everyday

I bought ours for my son when he turned 16. He drives it everyday and thinks he is pretty cool. As a Varsity water polo player and swimmer, 6'4", 180#'s and no body fat driving around in a 1973 Bronco, he probably is pretty cool. :)

paul430c

Loc.
Richmond, Virginia
I bet! And hey, a happy high-schooler is a happy family. Bet she gets a smile on her face every time she hops in.
And I bet her friends think she's got a pretty cool dad too.

Good looking rig. Is that a current pic, or are you still in the weird weather stage where the top stays buttoned up most of the time?

Paul

Thanks Paul. Yes this is a pic from a few weeks ago and yes, we keep switching back and forth between windows out and windows in. The temps should settle down soon here in the mid-atlantic. Her is a photo with the side windows in. Also, check out the wooden rack (with snaps) I made to hold the windows while there out (instead of crumpled up in the corner)

Attachments

• IMG-20130329-00410.jpg
    IMG-20130329-00410.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 25
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 19
  • photo 6.jpg
    photo 6.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 27
  • photo 7.jpg
    photo 7.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 27

Trigger

Mine is my primary rig. Drive it all the time unless I cycle to work, but that's to keep the ticker in shape and offset 12 mpg.