• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

how much body lift??

handsomerob

Loc.
las cruces
Hey guy I got a quick question. I have a 1970 bronc with a factory 302. It currently has a 3.5" wild horses lift on it with 33 12.50's. I am putting 35 on and was looking at a body lift. I am also installing a mid rise intake with a holly 650 on it. I dont wanna cut the hood so I figure a body lift kills two birds with one stone. soooooo..... will the one inch be enough room for the intake/carb? I am worried about the two inch lift showing to much. Tell me what you all think. Thanks

csjr

Loc.
Lighthouse Point, FL
You will have to take measurements to make sure what you will need for hood clearance. You can use clay and such products on top of your existing air cleaner with the hood down to see what your clearance is now, then compare the difference of intake heights between existing and proposed. That'll get you a hood number. Of course your air cleaner choice will affect clearance as well. I have 4 1/2" rear springs with 3" body lift and I still had to trim a little from the front of the rear fender flares to stop rubbing at full compression. The PO installed the 3", but I would not recommend anything over 2" for body lift. Just trim up the body fenders for tire clearance. My hood has plenty of clearance with a 351W, Edelbrock Performer intake, Edelbrock carb, and 2 1/2" tall air cleaner on top. Good luck

TN1776

Bronco Guru
2" body lifts are very nice. Having that extra space between the body and frame opens up a ton of space for routing of exhaust and just about anything else you want to install. Sure makes the NP435 install clean too! 3" isn't that much more space and changes the way that even more stuff attaches. Just remember to consider the gap it creates between your stock bumpers and the body...

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I would suggest the 2" as well, the only way to really notice it is the bumpers but if you move them up you can't tell it has a body lift for the most part.

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
I dont know about the body lift but i do know that a 650 carb is to big for the stock 302. It will drown it. Been there done that.

bannind

Not meaning to hijack, but can you place a 1' billet spacer (NicksTrix) on top of the 1" WH integrated bushings/body lift - to get the 2" of lift?