• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How much to have body lift done

OP
OP
Tyman

Tyman

ok guys I got the body lift partly on and is was NOT easy at all. Took me all day to just get the pucks in. I used an Air chisel with the help of 69brightblue (kyle).
I had 3 binds to lift it up, steering column, e-brake cable and clutch rod. I have a few problems I need help with. I cant get the steering to work at all, I was told I have to order the flaming river setup which cost 250 bucks! I need to order a new clutch rod obviously too. I also have a problem with Wild Horses kit, the bolts in the bed arent long enough and the other size it came with that were longer are too long. Kind of upset that kit cost like 140+ bucks and not even the right hardware included. I also lost a part of my finger in the mount where the bed is

Ok so my real question is, what do I do about my steering? I dont want to spend 250 bucks to fix it

Last edited:

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Tyman said:
ok guys I got the body lift partly on and is was NOT easy at all. Took me all day to just get the pucks in. I used an Air chisel with the help of 69brightblue (kyle).
I had 3 binds to lift it up, steering column, e-brake cable and clutch rod. I have a few problems I need help with. I cant get the steering to work at all, I was told I have to order the flaming river setup which cost 250 bucks! I need to order a new clutch rod obviously too. I also have a problem with Wild Horses kit, the bolts in the bed arent long enough and the other size it came with that were longer are too long. Kind of upset that kit cost like 140+ bucks and not even the right hardware included. I also lost a part of my finger in the mount where the bed is

Ok so my real question is, what do I do about my steering? I dont want to spend 250 bucks to fix it
You can loosen up the clamp on outside of firewall and under the dash and move it down and tilt it some, worked for me. For the clutch rod you can weld a piece to it and make it work (should had came with the kit)
good luck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
Tyman said:
Did you notch out the 3 holes on the firewall steering brace? This is the triangle shaped bracket. That will allow the bracket to move downward and releive the angle on the steering column and joint.Chuck