• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How much did you pay for your NV3550 ?

scotts77

Loc.
Marietta, GA
I'm about to go to EFI and NV3550 in the coming weeks and want to get a feel on what a good deal is on this tranny. I've seen new ones as cheep as 900.00 plus shipping (100.00) Havn't looked locally for a used or refurb yet. Your feedback is appreciated.

Shaggy67

Loc.
Mesa, Az
My brother and I bought a pair of them for a total of $1200 shipped to us. I believe I got a smoking deal though. They were used but both had less than 70k miles on them.

Dealercut66

Loc.
Hood River, OR
I bought a NV3550 with the transfer case still attached and paid $550. I sold the transfer case for $300 :) This is probably an extreme case of a sweet deal though. It had 17000 miles on it and it was out of a 2002? wrecked Jeep Wrangler. They may not have known its actual value or maybe they were just trying to get rid of everything. I also have the rear driveline, bell housing, and clutch fork if any of you are in need of Jeep parts :)

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Rebuilt with a 1 yr unlimited mile warranty could be picked up local here for $1K. Check with your local manual tranny shops. You might be able to find an NV3550, NV4500 or ZF for local with warranty for cheaper than you think. Good Luck.

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
I opted for the ZF for it's added HEFT!

I got it for $550 but could have got a 3550 from the same place for the same price.

FYI- the 3550 shifts a lil less like a truck than a ZF (but barley, dosen't have as long of a throw) but the gearing isn't as low nor is it as stout. The best comparison is the NV4500, but I like keep'n the oval in ford vehicles if at all possible.

But ya, go with a ZF and NP205 combo! I love mine!!! Otherwise, $550 for a used 3550 would be a good deal!

:cool: