• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How much did you pay to powder coat your cage?

How much did you pay to powdercoat your cage?

• less than $100

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • $101-200

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • $201-300

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • $301-400

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • $401-500

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • more than $500

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
My poor sport cage has been sitting in storage since I bought it in September (big thank you to Mark at Wild Horses for helping coordinate the purchase while I was in Canada, though ;D ).

Now that it's almost spring, I need to powdercoat that bad boy and get it installed so I can run my bikini top. I called around and got some quotes, but I was curious as to the running price for this.

I know it's not polite to talk about money, so this is a private poll, but post up what kind of cage you have.

Thanks.

Landho

Loc.
Cypress, TX
I haven't paid for it yet, but got a quote of $400 to blast, grind booger welds, and coat. More than 50% of that cost is likely prep work because of the many coats of paint on the cage as it is.

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
I had a quote for $190, blasted, cleaned & coated in a standard color; $350-400 to attempt a match on the body color (ginger Poly). I ended up painting it 'cuz I had leftover paint & plan to make additions in the future.

texaswildcat98

Loc.
Wichita, KS
cage

I haven't PC a cage but I had a frame, tranny cross member, stock radius arms and caps done a couple years ago for less than $300. That was Semi gloss Black, parts were baked to degrease, cleaned, blasted and poweder coated...

That said I would think a Cage would be a $150 or so, but if it fills someones oven and its all they can do that price might jump some.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
I had both plate bumpers, roll cage, tire carrier, and some skid plates done for $400 or so. That included sandblasting.

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
$150 for a six point blasted and coated.

ransil

Bronco Guru
My six point cage 2 bumpers and dash were about $600 probably some other part in there too.
The powder I used was one of the most expensive one out there too.
last quote was $120 for 5lbs, plus the clear.

BanditBronco

My six point cage was 350 with blast, prep, and a two step silver vein with candy red over color.

OP
OP
4x4babygirl

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
Thanks for the input. I'm dropping it off this afternoon and getting it done for $150. I thought that sounded a little low, but it seems to be normal, so it's all good with me. I'm all for a good price, but I didn't want to sacrifice quality.

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Sorry to hi-jack...

Garberz,

Are those speakers hook to your roll bar and if so what are they and do you have any other pictures of them?

Thanks,

Back to the regularly scheduled thread...

Broncology

Thanks for the input. I'm dropping it off this afternoon and getting it done for $150. I thought that sounded a little low, but it seems to be normal, so it's all good with me. I'm all for a good price, but I didn't want to sacrifice quality.

Where are you having this done, in town? I will need to get my rollbar PC when I get one! %)

Chuck

OP
OP
4x4babygirl

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
Hey Chuck. I dropped it off this morning at RT Coating on Boone Street. It's off of Cherry Street just past the railroad tracks if you're going towards Holston Hills in that industrial park area. They were a bunch of hippie/good ole boys and I looked at a bunch of the stuff they had in the shop and everything looked good. They had a ton of business, too, with 2 semis full of stuff being dropped off for coating. The guy that runs the place is restoring a 66 Ford Country Squire, so he had a lot to say about 66 Fords.

I'll let you know how it turns out.