• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

how much do you have before sept.??????

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
ok here's the thing, i have owned a bronco since 96' and have always loved them....i have taken my fair share of is that a Jeep?....is that a scout?....which i return no you d...ass its a bronco!!!!!....lol....i am actually on my third time of taken mine to bare metal and starting over....the big plan was to have it ready for sept....im gonna go down on that monday and just stay to the next monday and i cant wait....the thing is i have so much crap to do still yet...hell i still need to paint the thing////....i guess im wanting to know how much do you have left???????....i will finish no doubt but i have to re-do the floor on my trailor and put the air bag kit on my truck.....its only been like 180 degrees every day but i get on here each nite when i get home and look at somebodys pics and say dam i need to get out to the shop....lol...show pics of what you have left if you have em....if not just put down what you need to finish....look at it as a get your ass in gear thread...lol....good luck!!!

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
I gotta get tires! Finish the console, Redo the Cage, Front and Rear Bumpers, etc........

Just gonna peck away at it! ;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Sounds like you gonna have a nice little visit to Hot springs, Mon to Mon!! We're almost there, better get yo azz in gear ;)

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Painted, Reassembled and driving 8/26 is the goal!

I am going to have this one running before September. I got tired of having 2 Broncos and not being able to drive either one of them.

As I said in my build thread “it will be done!”

Attachments

• IMG_3185.JPG
    IMG_3185.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3193.JPG
    IMG_3193.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3228.JPG
    IMG_3228.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3230.JPG
    IMG_3230.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 57

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
see my build thread, have to build the whole truck, next summer is my goal

BlackCat4

Loc.
Beevile TX
Need to cut out old rear pan weld new one ,rockerpanils,new tires.but i drive it all the time and fix What i can.keep it up u will get there

OP
OP
stlo

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
55 days and counting....got another beadlock welded up last night!

lowpressure

Loc.
Shreveport, LA
lets see...................wiring harness install, build front and rear bumpers, build cage, customize blank dash, install seats, shocks and driveshafts, fire up the motor.....probably a lot more than that lol.....

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
You sure you want to know? I'm feeling like I will be doing well to drive it sometime next year.

On my '70 alone (not in any particular order):

Repair or replace entire wiring harness

set up fan switch w/ thermostat
set up coolant reservoir
replace kinked lower radiator hose
install radiator brackets

Fix kinked heater hose
inspect and repair heater and ducting as necessary

Strip and paint dash
refurbish instrument cluster, do volt meter conversion
re-install dash
connect all controls and switches

inspect and repair brakes as necessary
fix leaking rear brake line

inspect and repair as necessary fuel tank / fuel line

remove transmission & D20 T-case
inspect and re-build D20 as necessary
inspect and repair as necessary clutch components, oil seals, bearings
install NP435

repair / replace tunnel cover

remove and repair or replace as necessary rear leaf springs

tie roll bar into frame, repair sheet metal on bed as necessary to allow installation

install 3 point seat belts

remove, modify, or replace spare tire rack

buy new tires

and that's just what I can think of right now...

beernut

Loc.
Hampton
'71 Bronco

Rocker Panels / Skis
Paint
Water Leak
Main Tank Leak
Absolutely no brakes on the rear. (Current Project)
Front Disc Brake Conversion
Replace Steering Column
Brake lights / Blinkers
Power Steering Pump Leaking
Mount Dual Shocks up front
Replace Front Bumper
Figure out this winch
Repair drivers door latch
Possibly replace floor pan

That should get me going by Sept 1

JLBachs

My eb needs all kinds of work but I'm having too much fun driving it to park it now! I hope ya'll are able to squeeze in some driving with the top-off time before the end of the summer!

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Finish rebuilding front axle
Install axles and lift
Install and plumb all the hydroboost and PS components
Finish cage, skis, and rear bumper

I WILL BE DONE AT LEAST TWO WEEKS BEFORE OCBR SO I CAN WORK OUT ANY BUGS!!!

jrcflash

I love my Bronco too but jeez it is just too hot to deal with in Arkansas right now. It was running and driving until early this spring when one day, I decided to pull my tired motor and it began.

I'm in the middle of a 96 explorer motor conversion that I finally have accumulated all (well -most) of the parts for. Still gotta get a new hydraulic line fitting ordered so my hydro-boost will work with that late model pump. Oh and I'll need to allow time to fab up a two into one exhaust to go behind my new long tube headers. I figure that now must be the time to replace the floor pans since the engine is out, right? Oh wait, since I am this far into it I should go ahead and lift the body off and make the frame all pretty. Once that is done, I need to get new springs ordered. Might as well spring for some Bilsteins too. Then my slots will need to be polished up and a new set of BFGs to wrap them with. Wait, I forgot about the interior. I have a beautifully refurbished gauge cluster, but the dash has to be repainted to show it off. Then my stock seats (all 3) need new foam and coverings. My 4 point cage will need at least a front cage added, but a family cage would be worlds better and perfectly justified, right? Now time for the paint shop. Etc Etc Etc....

I am not saying anything new here. The timeline for me seems to stretch endlessly.

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru
Oh where to begin?!?!?!?! A whole bunch of things, but just to get it trail ready is seats and seat belts along with a carb tune.

KS.76Sport

Loc.
Wichita, KS.
I have committed to do "something" on mine everyday or it will never get done. Thus Ive done more in the last 2 months than has been done in the previous 5 years!

By September...;)

New tires (This week)
Bleed brake system
Weld in the pass floor
New w/s glass
Carb rebuild & new pump
Hang the aux tank run new lines

Got the drvrs pan, inner rocker and door post in last weekend ;D

Wont be pretty but I plan to have it on the road by Aug 19th.

Attachments

• dr pst.jpg
    dr pst.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 15

wdbowers

Loc.
Ada, Ok
Sept of what year? I will be at OCBR with camera in hand and truck full of tools to help anybody that needs it though. here is a pic, and you will see what I need to do.

Attachments

• Photo010.jpg
    Photo010.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 32