• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How much is a title and frame worth?

jmeyer1971

I have a farily nice 68 body that needs a title and a frame. I have the opportunity to buy a 74 that is a complete pile of rust (It is terrible) for $900. Unfortunately it is from Alabama and they don't do titles for cars over a certain age only bill of sale. If I can't get the title notarized in alabama it will cost $1700 to register it in Louisiana. I can't find the last documented owner from 20 yrs ago if I could it would cost $258. So long story short how much is a title and frame worth. All opinions are appreciated.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Andrew Norton of Baja Broncos sold a titled '68 frame for $2,000 five or six years ago. I thought that was high then, but he got it. I'd guess that and higher now with all the builds going on.

This is in Northern CA where everything is expensive. I'd guess they'd go for less in the South.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I got my title and matching frame for $200. I had to take it down to my DMV so they could visually see it before transferring it to my name since it was from out of state.

RM70

Contributor
They are going in the facebook groups for $1500-2500.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They are going in the facebook groups for $1500-2500.

They used to but now that builders need title that price is few and far between. I recently paid over 6k for one but it was rolling and had some usable body parts. If you need it, then it will bring good money. I would say an average rolling titled frame with a rusted body is in the 5k range if I were to average it. I sold a 76 that the buyer threw the body away and just used the frame and axles for 5k recently.

ame

I found one here in Oregon for $2500 but took a few years of looking.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Andrew Norton of Baja Broncos sold a titled '68 frame for $2,000 five or six years ago. I thought that was high then, but he got it. I'd guess that and higher now with all the builds going on.

This is in Northern CA where everything is expensive. I'd guess they'd go for less in the South.

Since your putting this out there, I'll add to your info and clarify: it was a near perfect no rust frame with title and black and yellow plates, glovebox too, in my name, non op and I had the whole history of the truck laid out and also the buyer was a guy I'd known for 15 years in the Bronco community.

OP
OP
J

jmeyer1971

So I'm glad someone asked about the new frames. I don't need this frame because it is as rough the body and I would like to buy a new frame and four link it with a few other mods. So I don't need the axels or transfer case or anything other than the glove box and title. I know this is taboo for some people but for me its the only way to get one of these beauties back on the road. I can assure you its much easier to go buy one.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

definitely depends on the area.. them CA folk ask a high price some times, "most" LOL :D