• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How much to have body lift done

Tyman

I've had this WH Deluxe 3" lift sitting here for 7 months and want to do it but no time and no where to do it. Anyone know who and how much it would cost to have some one put it on? Thx

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
I did mine and it was a 2" from the same place. But I dont remember just how much time it took...ya know-drink,work,lift,drink...etc.But a shop might charge anywhere from $60-75 per hour labor. There will also be the custom work on shifter/rods/clamp bracket/brake lines length/wiring length...just to name a few. Your old bolts might fight them-rusted. I would atleast start soaking all the bolts with WD40 or similar.HTH,Chuck

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I'd guess around $500. It took a buddy and me the better part of a Saturday to get mine installed, and we were working the whole time. No breaks for BS or beer.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I'll tell my story I didn't want a lift to start with but I had a bump after the NP435 swap and needed a little lift so I ordered a 1 inch ...WELL I soaked the bolts ...got them out with some effort ...but my old mounts didn't wont to come out ...nothing I tried worked and I got lots of tools...even used the sawzall ...couldnt get them out..so I got to looking set my one inch on top of the old mount bought me some more bolts ...buttoned it up and all's well...adjusted my clutch had to lengthen the slot on my transfer case shifter ...DONE....
Oh then I counted my money I saved from the jurk that wanted $500.00
at one of the body shops to do the install for me...500 bucks may have taken me 6 hours in all ...
go ahead do it yourself just steady labor ....good luck...

Moaiz

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
5 sawzall blades, 9 hours and a ton of WD-40. Plus the rear bumper was welded to an improv trailer hitch and frame so that was all part of the fun. I would guess $500 too...for me, thats a new gas tank.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I would put a 3'' spring lift on before I put a body lift on. It is less work than a body lift. I know you already have the body kit and the springs cost more. I never said I made any sense. Do it yourself and have a friend help because when you get to the body mounts you can race to see who gets there 4 off first. Hint: take the left side give your friend the right.

Have fun
Bax

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
around here it would cost a case or 2 of beer and 2 pizzas. Of course you get to hear your buddies heckle you while you try to cut out the old bolts. After they are out the rest is easy.

idahobronc

Loc.
ketchum,Idaho
I spent 6 hours and it took alot of sawzall blades & wd-40.It was a fight from start to finish.I would be surprised if a shop would touch this for under $400-500.

Jewel20

i was only 2 hours and 10 min into my body lift, sounds like i got lucky!! but it isnt that bad if you have basic knowledge of your rig, a cutting torch, and a buddy helping.

OP
OP
Tyman

Tyman

broncomanbrad said:
Save your money and do it at home. A body lift isn't worth $600.
I have 35's and 3 1/2 suspension lift. Getting 37's on monday so I really need to do the body lift soon

FORCEN

Loc.
Québec, Canada
Tyman said:
I have 35's and 3 1/2 suspension lift. Getting 37's on monday so I really need to do the body lift soonQUOTE]

What brand of lift kit is this? From what I can see it's a single shock set-up? Is this all that was done to your suspension to give it that kind of flex?

Thanks

OP
OP
Tyman

Tyman

FORCEN said:
Tyman said:
I have 35's and 3 1/2 suspension lift. Getting 37's on monday so I really need to do the body lift soonQUOTE]

What brand of lift kit is this? From what I can see it's a single shock set-up? Is this all that was done to your suspension to give it that kind of flex?

Thanks

Its the James Duff 3 1/2" Ultimate system. Got it a few years ago, that pic was in 04. Its got hoops in the front but only 1 shock each side, its really not allowed to flew much at all or it rubs badly in fact in the pic it is rubbing. I think I got another angle of it in the same place

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
I just completed mine today. Went VERY easy for some reason. I took my time and did numerous other things as well. I would say 4-6 hours. All the bolts came out easy. I used the 9/16 drill bit trick to drill out the metal mushroom that holds the stock mounts together. It worked well. All in all not a very hard task. I would do it for $500 anyday.

OP
OP
Tyman

Tyman

RKM said:
I just completed mine today. Went VERY easy for some reason. I took my time and did numerous other things as well. I would say 4-6 hours. All the bolts came out easy. I used the 9/16 drill bit trick to drill out the metal mushroom that holds the stock mounts together. It worked well. All in all not a very hard task. I would do it for $500 anyday.

Did yours have nuts on the bottom do "unbolt" because mine dont. My dads bronco doesnt have any either

Orange Crush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Maryland
Tyman said:
FORCEN said:
Its the James Duff 3 1/2" Ultimate system. Got it a few years ago, that pic was in 04. Its got hoops in the front but only 1 shock each side, its really not allowed to flew much at all or it rubs badly in fact in the pic it is rubbing. I think I got another angle of it in the same place

Just curious, but why go with the ultimate system kit and then only run a single shock setup?

OP
OP
Tyman

Tyman

Orange Crush said:
Tyman said:
Just curious, but why go with the ultimate system kit and then only run a single shock setup?

Because all the kits at the time had dual shocks, but I tried both and I like singles up front better..

anyways, I really dont see how you are supposed to get these off. For example the body mounts that go through the floorboard and covered in hurculiner, and no nut on the bottom (under the truck). The ones behind those are like really hard to get too plus my exhaust is in the way

Last edited:

purple72

Loc.
Wilkinson,IN
Where are you located? I'm sure someone on this board would help you. If you're near me, you could bring it into my shop and we could knock it out it short order.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Tyman said:
Orange Crush said:
Because all the kits at the time had dual shocks, but I tried both and I like singles up front better..

anyways, I really dont see how you are supposed to get these off. For example the body mounts that go through the floorboard and covered in hurculiner, and no nut on the bottom (under the truck). The ones behind those are like really hard to get too plus my exhaust is in the way
You won't have to worry about nuts, they are nuts welded to a square type washer up inside of the body mounts. You will have nuts on them when you install the lift unless you get lucky like I did and was able to reuse some of the square ones. It took me around 3 hours (2 people) and had to replace one body mount.