• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

how much?

mudder_6

ok i have a 72 HALF CAB eb that i have progressed majorly in restoration....i have put the following into 5 in skyjacker, crate 302, front to back exhaust (headmen headers with 40 series flows), rebuilt front axle, complete new brake system (still drums tho :'( ), new racing seats, 4 in cowl induction, 4 bbl, edel high rise, new mineral grey paint, new front back hd drive shafts, roll bar , and bout tto have interior and bed line-x.....alright now i have a few mixedd feelings with my friends they seem to think trhat the bronco is not worth the ground it sits on and dont see the pride and beauty of the eb so what do yall think....sry i have no pics right now....thx

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
You need to re-evaluate the kind of friends you have. ;D

No, you'll probably not get all the money out of it that you put in, but you'll make up the difference in fun. I'm afraid to tally the receipts on my rig, and I know that it's worth maybe half what I have in it if I were to sell it. That being said, they are getting more and more desirable every day, and the value is going up. The next few years will see an amazing influx in price for these rigs.

None of that matters, I love my rig, and I don't see me selling it anytime soon. I'm actually wanting a couple of more. One for the Mrs, and a nice one to make a daily driver.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Get new friends ;D just take them out four wheeling with their toys and see how many of them break and you don't and have to tow them home or at least pull them out when they get stuck and you don't. ;)

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
No pics?? No feedback!! ;D Without knowing where your at and why your friends are so stupid, its hard to say. Craftsmanship goes along way too. If you've got it geared right and set-up properly, it would also smoke a comparable 72 Jeep anything or Chevy Blazer and otherwise comparable Toyota Land Cruiser. I bet its also worth 2-5X as much as the Chevy or Jeep too, so who cares what your friends think.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
your friends need to wake up and smell your exhaust fumes!

you'll never get all the money back you have in it, that's for sure! i have around 18k in mine to date, and i wouldn't give it up for anything.

the value of your truck isn't how it looks, it's how few and how cool these trucks are. remember, they didn't build but a little under 226,000 of them, and i figure that there's less than half of them left around.

plain and simple, they're cult vehicles!

72 EFI

agree with Stallion

and would add that you have to love and know EB's to appreciate them. I have had a ton of people stop to look at my Bronco when I have it out of the garage and they have no idea what it is. Its like anything that is collectable, if your not into it, then you don't see the beauty in it or know how rare it is.

musetech

Loc.
Alexandria
You may not realize how unique you are untill you take time to look at what else is out there. Think of the alternatives. Next cruize, just count the number of Jeeps you see. Figure five per ten miles dependant on where you live.

I have no idea how many heeps are in my community but I know exactly how many EBs are in my area. Think the every day Jeep owner can follow another til he stops just to shoot the shit? Not hardly.

I explained to my friend just the other day that "hey I could be paying $30 to $40 grand for a vehicle that I don't even like". I don't have half that much in mine...yet.

This truck is for you #1, us, and others that share the appreciation of something that is not run of the mil. Mine is no where near show quality, and I mean NO WHERE, but I still get thumbs ups from those with good taste on a regular basis.

Do yourself a favor. Put your next up grade in the "this is for me" column and then enjoy it.

Much love brother.

J.D.