• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How on earth did they think this weatherstrip would fit

mlaird

Loc.
Houston,TX
just did my lower driver door with "OEM spec" weatherstrip from JBG and its NOT EVEN CLOSE to the original size. theres a huge gap in a couple of spots. the upper door seal looks like its about 1/2 the width of the original stuff too and i know this cause my passenger side still has the original weatherstrip.

cokerag

I had the same problem with rubber from LMC. My doors were extremely hard to shut and the weather strip did not fit. I noticed in the NPD catologue they had 2 applications for rubber. One was their OEM style witch had a Dennis Carpenter wrapper. It was a much softer composition and works great. I did not have to replace the upper. Just thought I would pass that info on to you . It is really upsetting after spending so much time and money and not have the doors shut easily. Arthur in Florida

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Well that blows.. Keep that in mind when I get ready to do that