• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What on earth happened??

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Several things again could have caused this,When you first heard the noise did you check the oil?Maybe a rocker arm was loose(or several) that would cause the lifters to start tapping real bad and if you kept driving it like that results would not be good.To edit your title--go to your 1st post and click edit.I just hope you haven't blown the engin.Keep us posted.

Doyle

Bronco Guru
I pulled to the shoulder because I was loosing speed fast. When I came to a stop there was smoke bellowing from under the hood. I popped it and noticed my engine and battery and even the right side of my windshield was wet. I put a full container of antifreeze in and still wasn't full. So I limped it to mcdonalds 7 miles a way stopping 2 more times cause the smoke was too heavy inside the car. .

Had similar experience with my F150. Big power loss, steam everywhere, anti-freeze on everything. Found number 5 piston and cylinder in the oil pan, in quarter size pieces. Best guess from the remains, was piston skirt broke off, piston rotated sideways and split the cylinder. Hope your's isn't that bad, I had to start with a different block. Good luck.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
maybe someone needed a oil filter?:?, Thats better news throw a new filter on make sure the oil level is good and crank her back up. See if there are any wierd noises. Also pay attention to the oil pressure.

OP
OP

94broncoboy

Loc.
Tulsa oklahoma
Put oil. Antifreeze in. Filter on first. Turned her on and boom massive massive MASSIVE oil spill no idea where it's coming from. My mechanic friend and his dad are on their way

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Man I wish I could be there to look at this too_Oil blowin out like that you should be able to see where it's coming from.

OP
OP

94broncoboy

Loc.
Tulsa oklahoma
It's alllllll good. Fuel hose was blown and the filter came double ringed so it couldn't make the last revolution. But it's all fixed now

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Let me see if I get this...

You're running down the highway for a while and then lose power. You cooked your engine probably because your oil filter was loose and eventually fell out, lost your oil, and then puked a bunch of coolant because it over heated, then you pulled over. Later you find the filter is not there and your fuel line is blown? That is too funny ;D. It reminds me of a similar adventure in my buddy's dad's Torino when I was your age. Hope your engine survives. Let us know how it turns out. Start checking your gages from time to time too. OBTW, the Torino survived to drive many more miles down the road.

OP
OP

94broncoboy

Loc.
Tulsa oklahoma
Not entirely sure the exact series of events. But Cowie pretty much got it! But it's all good now. Tomorrow I'll be getting a new hose and HOPEFULLY shell be running again. If not. New tests will ensue but I really hope that tonight was the end of the problem. Until a new one arises next week due to "old car conduct" as my best friend says hah. But that's honestly one reason I got a 76 bronco. No problem is hard to fix:D