• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How thick is the wood for the rear seat

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Yo guys

I am about to tackle the rear seat

The seat that I got the wood is so far gone, I can't tell if it uses 1/2 or 3/4 inch thick peices of wood??

Anyone know

Also anyone have a good template of the bottom peice. I was at least able to salvage a bit of the wood from the rear to do a template for it.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Damn. I had a template but threw it away.

Very easy to recreate. I found the captured thread/nutsert type deals at Home Depot.

Incognito

Loc.
Key West, Florida
Seat wood

When I replaced mine I used Starboard instead of plywood. It is a marine plastic that comes in all thicknesses and sizes. Any marine store can get it and most will just sell it by the square foot and cut it for you.

daduze2

Loc.
Central IL
I'm doing mine too.....are you buying the cushion and covers or doing your own thing???? you can see mine in "my gallery" and the previous owner re-did it himself.

I plan to buy the cushions and covers from www.LMCtruck.com

can you get them cheaper somewhere?

BTW - Incognito your bronco rawks!!!!! Donsbolt....yours is really nice too!
I have both of your pictures in my Favorites.

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Don't forget the all important pressure relief holes in the wood.

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
I'm doing mine too.....are you buying the cushion and covers or doing your own thing???? you can see mine in "my gallery" and the previous owner re-did it himself.

I plan to buy the cushions and covers from www.LMCtruck.com

can you get them cheaper somewhere?

BTW - Incognito your bronco rawks!!!!! Donsbolt....yours is really nice too!
I have both of your pictures in my Favorites.

I got mine from this guy TomWeisel@msn.com I don't know what he would charge for just the rears, since I bought all 3 seat covers.

I am going to buy some foam and cut it myself. The foam from the rear seat is in good enough shape to use as a template.

Don't forget the all important pressure relief holes in the wood.

Thanks I will make sure to put a few holes in the wood

Attachments

• seatcovers2.JPG
    seatcovers2.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 13

Projp

After sanding, repainting, rewooding (is that a word?), reupholstering, and reinstalling with hinges I have decided that the best upgrade is to throw the dang thing away.
Have any of you guys ever actually rode back there?

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Hahaha, I dont mind it, although I have only sat in it while hanging out or working, I dont plan to have adults back there, just kids.

Projp

The last adult that did two consecutive trail/obstacle rides in the back seat screamed "enough" and bought his own rig.

Galt72

Contributor
Some years ago I had my rear seat redone and was pretty proud of it. Then myself and three friends took off on a hunting trip in my bronco. We made it about 50 miles and the guys were complaining so much that we unbolted that sucker and thru it in the trailer. They rode the rest of the trip on their sleeping bags and clothes. So, I agree that if you want people riding back there go with an aftermarket seat.

ocsoorlando

Loc.
Orlando
The wood on the seat that I got was 1/2 inch. You just have to be careful when tightening the bolts to the threaded insert or you will pull the inserts out.......yes, I found that out the hard way. It is a pain to get them back out after that happens.