• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How to remove HEI magnetic pickup

OP
OP
O

OsideDave

Thanks Bill. My dist is different and has sometype of linkage above the magnetic pickup that i cannot figure out how to remove. I am going to take a look again this AM. I'll post a pic later.

behemoth

Bronco Guru
I hoped that procomp did not differ much from stock hei. So there is no snap ring to be found ?

OP
OP
O

OsideDave

Looks like dist has to come out then pull shaft up to get pickup out.
http://www.rustpuppy.org/ignition2/Ignition 2b.htm

Procomp sent out "sealed" or at least dust cover on top of magnetic pickup (original is not sealed) and better version HEI module but they were unsure of which one is failed. I could replace the module only and try that but it would be nice to have sealed pickup in there as well. Might as well do it right. My guess is I messed this thing up by running resistor wire a ign source. Still have not verified that yet.