• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How to tell if coil spring air bags are stock?

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
My bronco had air bags in the coils when I got it about 15 years ago. Bags were blown out and are long since gone, but the air lines to fill them came up into the grill in the top corners above the headlights, just inside of the chrome grill trim to a Schrader valve that is still there. I know you could order the broncos with them, and mine did come with other options like a factory hand throttle and a dealer installed AC. Is this part of the factory or dealer upgrade or did a PO add it?

I'm starting a body off and if it's a factory or dealer upgrade I'll leave the fillers in, if not I'm filling the holes.
Anyone know how to tell?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
From everything I've seen it was a dealer installed item not factory but a PO could have installed them as well. Usually the airbags were installed with a snow plow.
As for who installed it never know unless you find a build sheet and it has the snow plow and airbags listed. I'm pretty sure airbags are still availible

AWS

Loc.
ST LOUIS
I installed airlift bags in mine many years ago, they are also long gone. Any dealer or garage/shop used to install them, I'm pretty sure I got mine thru Napa. If the fill point is in the front grill I'd say the PO did it, because most shops would put that under the hood.

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I have a used set, that is in good shape.
They are the newer Air-Lift type $30.........