• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How would you rate the experience you had installing Gorilla Warflares on your Bronco

Evian

Loc.
Algonquin/IL
So you finally installed those Gorilla Warflares. How would you rate that experience of installing those Gorilla Warflares? Would you say it was easy breezy or would you say it was a day in Hell? Any problems installing them?

1971BroncoSport

I didn't have any issues. I definitely eyeballed a bunch before I marked. I used welding clamps and pieces of paint sticks (to protect rubber) to hold them in place. It is a two man job.

On areas where it was more painstaking was at bottom edge of front quarters; under fuel filler caps; and at rear quarters where the curve in panel extends back towards tail lights.

Definitely follow the instructions on pre-drilling flares and screw starting positions.

See cut out pictures on my site. Www.earlybronco.net

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
Its been about 5 years sence I put mine on , but I don't remember having any trouble.. Just lay it all out and make sure the spacing is the same for all the screws. Try to clamp or tape it where u want, step back and look at it.If it looks good, It is good;D

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Take your time and measure all 4 before you cut! If your in a hurry they won't look even, and could end up crooked, I've seen a bunch like that. BTW a jig saw works the best in my opinion, but figure at least a blade per flare...

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I've installed several sets. Pretty easy. Only took a couple of hours including trimming the wheel wells higher. I usually mount them first over the old openings. Mark the new cut with them on. Remove them (that's why the zip screws are better than rivets!) Cut and seal the new cut, then remount the flares. I mark the screw placement on the flares and drill them with a 1/8 drill. Then hold in place and use the zip screws through the holes already in the flares. Use a cordless drill set at the lowest impact setting so you don't strip the hole in the fender.

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
It was easier then getting hot drunk girls at the Lake to show their Boobies!! I did it by myself and drilled 1/4" holes for the SS button head bolts I used and a leather punch for the welting. I also used a 4 1/2" cutoff wheel and took my time. When i finished installing them I bob the quarters and front fender's to match my cut rocker panels. On a 1 to 5 difficulty scale, 5 being the most difficult, I would rate them a 1.5-2 tops.

crab

Bronco Guru
paint sticks? measure? instructions??%)
You guys are killing me;D
good advice though. Cordless impact will be your best friend!

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
They are by far the easiest flares we have ever installed.;D;D;D

That being said if anyone is having trouble on installing any brand of flare give me a call I'll walk you through it.

Jim

Stag72

Loc.
Ishpeming, MI
Did it by myself last year, it was an easy job. The only real pain was laying out the screw pattern on them trying to get them all evenly spaced, and that was't hard, just time consuming.

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
It was easier then getting hot drunk girls at the Lake to show their Boobies!! I did it by myself and drilled 1/4" holes for the SS button head bolts I used and a leather punch for the welting. I also used a 4 1/2" cutoff wheel and took my time. When i finished installing them I bob the quarters and front fender's to match my cut rocker panels. On a 1 to 5 difficulty scale, 5 being the most difficult, I would rate them a 1.5-2 tops.

Prove it. :)

This is the only install I have done that didn't have some hurdle... so far.

x100 what all others have said, measure 100 times, pre drill everything, and it is easier with a helper to help hold everything straight. The more patience you have with it, the better they will look.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They are by far the easiest flares we have ever installed.;D;D;D

That being said if anyone is having trouble on installing any brand of flare give me a call I'll walk you through it.

Jim

that is customer service there

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm getting ready to remove a set and re-install them...they completely outlasted the two front fenders they are mounted on.

%)

Of course I'm still patiently waiting for the notice from a certain vendor, Jim Creel, whose name I won't mention so I don't embarass him, on the availability of the new Warflares for 78/79 Broncos.

Ahem.;D

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
1 quick tip.

if you're using a SAWZALL to cut the body, tape up your emblems and side markers. The SAWZALL will vibrate them loose.

All in all, If Tito can do it, anyone can do it. t;Dt